48| It's all my fault and I need to fix it

I've spent a day so far here on Earth-616. It's weird. Really fucking weird. They all look at me like I'm the person they lost. And from pictures Lydia has shown me, I look almost identical to my variant here. 

Everything is flip flopped. Stiles was bit instead of Scott. Lydia is the witch and I was the Banshee. My mom got magic and Wanda is alive. 

I think what's hardest is looking at Lainey's variant. She lost her Aurora but in mine I lost my Lainey. It's hard to look at her and not see the day she died. I haven't had it in me to say a single word to her. 

And apparently I never loved Stiles here. My heart belonged to one person. Theo Raeken. The name sounded familiar. And it should. 

He went to elementary school with me until his sister died and his parents moved out of Beacon Hills. But here she is alive and well. It's almost like everything is flip flopped in some ways. 

"You okay?"

I look over my shoulder as Theo holds out a mug. I slowly nod and take it. He sits beside me. I look back at the pool. 

"This is weird for everyone.. I mean we lost.. you."

"I get it." 

I take in a deep breath to try and keep the tears from forming. Being here is all my doing. I should've never asked Strange to do that spell. And now I may never be able to get back home. 

"I think you should just let it out."

I look over at him confused. 

"I can tell you want to cry."

"I've done enough crying."

"My Rory always told me the importance of never bottling up feelings."

"She was smart."

"She was."

I take a sip of the tea he gave me. 

"I was willing to give up my magic if I could bring my Lainey back. I blame myself everyday for not saving her. But knowing I saved her here.." tears start falling down my face. "It gives me peace knowing that I saved her."

"You're a hero."

"I'm trying to be."

It goes silent but it's not awkward. Oddly enough I feel comfortable with him. 

"I have an odd question. "

I look at him, motioning for him to continue. Out of everything I highly doubt it's as odd as me being here. 

"Are we.. together on your universe?"

I shake my head. 

"Your sister died in third grade and you moved away.. nobody's heard from you since."

He slowly nods. 

"Natalya, your grandmother-"

"I'm aware she's my grandmother." I smile. "She's still my grandmother on my universe."

"Of course." He laughs. "She used to joke that Lainey was your platonic soulmate across universes.. but we were soul tied soulmates. That in every universe we find our way to one another."

"I'm sorry you lost your Aurora."

"And I'm sorry you lost your Lainey."

"Aurora."

We both turn around to my mom. I stand up, setting the mug on the ground. I start to walk towards her, stopping to look at Theo. 

"Maybe when I get back I'll find you there."

He holds up his cup as a cheers. I follow my mom inside and down to the basement. I look around and it looks similar to what I would imagine a witches lair to look like. It's nothing like the lair I have at Reed's Beacon Hills home. 

The walls are adorned with runes. I look around amazed. My smile drops when I see Wanda and my grandmother in the flesh. They're standing together, my mom steps in between them. 

"Is something wrong, Aurora?"

I shake my head. It's amazing to see them like this. 

"My mom.. on my universe would've loved this life."

"I don't think she would've loved saying goodbye to one of her daughters."

"We felt your presence the second you landed here, Aurora, you being here can cause an incursion on our world."

I look at Wanda. 

"I don't know how to get back." I say. "Strange was doing a spell to erase me from everyones memory."

They all look at me like I said the dumbest thing alive. 

"I lost Lainey on my universe. A-and I couldn't handle the pain. I tried getting over it. I really did. I even went as far as willing to sacrifice my magic to bring her back."

They exchange glances. They know as well as I do the bond we had. They saw it first hand here. 

"You are the White Witch-"

"I'm well aware." I interrupt my grandmother. "I made a selfish decision that made me end up here. It's all my fault and I need to fix it. But I need your help."

"I trust the Stephen Strange of your universe is doing all he can to get you back but his power alone cannot do it."

"He has Clea too.."

"What about your Wanda?"

I look at Wanda. 

"She died protecting me.." I say. "I've read the Darkhold.. maybe if I read yours I can refresh my memory of the spells and-"

"You've read the Book of the Damned?"

"I thought about using the unforgivable spell.."

"We find another way to send you back."

I nod.