23| Thanks, champ

I sit with Allison on the steps of her basement. The other night we got interrogated by Argent about the kanima. He wanted to know who the master is but we don't even know. 

And here we are. I feel like an honorary Argent in this meeting. Also being apart of the plan to get the kanima captured. 

I don't know what they'll do when they catch him but it's better than him out killing people. 

"The party's in a warehouse just inside the industrial sector." Argent says. "Allison and Aurora have learned that Jackson Whittemore will be there seeking his next target out of the crowd. We need to be extremely cautious."

Allison grabs my hand. I look at her and give her a smile. 

"When they have his location and has determined him to be at the optimal point where we can take him down, one of them will signal me." He turns around to us. "Go ahead."

We stand up and walk up the stairs. 

"I think Scott's right to make it seem like you two are dating other people. Especially after your mom asked him if you two were still having sex."

"I just don't know.."

"Why'd it have to be Matt though? His face is so punchable."

"Scott told me to kiss him."

"I'd rather shoot myself in the face than kiss someone like Matt."

"You're dating Stiles."

"At least Stiles is cute. Matt looks like he got dropped as a baby."

"Just promise to be safe."

"I'm there to make sure you're safe." I look out the front window. "Looks like Matt's here. Go. I'll be there."

I watch her get into his car before throwing a portal. I look around at the streaming lights. A guy walks up hanging me a glow stick necklace and walks away. I put it on, dancing to the music when I'm yanked away. 

"What the hell are you doing here?"

Scott has the audacity to ask me that when he hasn't talked to me since the library. 

"It's a rave, what the fuck do you mean what am I doing here?"

"Did you know Allison was here?"

"Yeah?" I say. "What are you doing here? You don't even like parties."

"We have a plan."

My eyes go wide. 

"Oh fuck.. did Allison already tell you?"

"You need to get her out of here."

"I can't force her away. She's on a date."

"Why did you.." he stops. "I want to throw something at you so bad right now."

"He's killing people, Scott, and I made a loyalty to Argent."

He walks away not saying anything else. 

"Wait, is Lainey here!"

"Yes!"

"Fuck me."

I look around the crowd not seeing her or Allison. I finally see Allison and Matt. A guy passes me with shot glasses. I take one of them, chugging it. 

"Hey!"

"Actually I'll take that other one too." 

I grab his other one and do the same. I give him the empty glasses. 

"Thanks, champ."

I walk around him and keep my eyes on Allison. I watch Matt lean in for a kiss and Allison totally blocks it. My jaw drops out of pure embarrassment for him. I let out laugh. 

I turn around and see the kanima. It stabs it's claws into the neck of a woman. I try to run after him lose track of him fairly quick. I take my phone out to text Argent. 

Me: He killed her

I run outside and see Stiles standing next to Derek. Derek turns his head like he's listening for something. 

"It's Scott.." he says. "Break the seal, Stiles!"

Stiles kneels down, breaking the barrier of mountain ash. Derek runs past me. I look at Stiles. 

"What are you doing here?" Our voices overlap one another. 

"We had a plan, Rory."

"That you so conveniently left me out of."

I walk towards him and he wraps his arm around my waist, pulling me towards him. 

"You gonna forgive me?"

"Always."

I inch toward his face. 

"Eww.."

I turn around to Lainey pretending to throw up.