53| I don't know who you are

I look at Billy in the driver seat. I made him drive because I didn't want to. And Lydia left the house before us so we didn't drive together.

"This has got to be one of the dumbest fucking plans we've ever had."

"At least they included you in it."

I guess he's right. Earlier today Scott and Stiles tried talking to Liam which did not go over well. So, we all agreed on a plan to get him to the lake house.

It's secluded enough to where nobody will hear him. And nobody ever uses it. My mom actually is getting ready to sell it.

Kira is driving Liam up here. We used the trickster to trick. It was the most logical thing we could think of. And to be fair it's the only thing I actually agree with.

Billy parks my car next to Lydia's. We both get out and head towards the door. I walk in first, my eyes setting on Malia. I instantly want to punch her in the face.

I know my rage shouldn't really be directed at her because how could she have known about Stiles and I. But I just don't like her. She's inserting herself into situations that don't concern her.

"So, we just wait?"

"Yep."

"Great.."

Nobody else says anything. Billy starts tapping his foot and it's getting on my nerves.

I look at the window as car lights appear. Moments later Liam walks in with Kira right behind him. He tries to walk out but she blocks the door.

"What the hell is this?"

"Sort of like an intervention."

"You duct taped me."

I shrug. I'm not proud of that and of course he didn't forget that.

"Yeah.. in my defense I was stressing. I didn't really get to apologize for that so.. sorry?"

"Listen, we're the only ones who can help you."

Scott goes on about the different species we are. Liam's taking it all in like it's nothing. He probably doesn't even believe it which I don't blame him for.

"Werewolf? Werecoyote? Kitsune?" Liam looks at Lydia and I. "Hybrid mixes of a witch and Banshee?"

"I'm the White Witch.. and Lydia's the Wailing Woman."

He looks at the table.

"Those for me?"

"No.. they're for the one who doesn't have any control." I hear Malia growl as I smile. "But we can teach you control."

Liam starts freaking out as I turn to the window.

"There's car's approaching."

A second goes by and more car lights fill the dark living room. I can feel all the heartbeats. There's over a dozen.

"Guys, there's a shit ton of teenagers out there." I say. "Who did you tell about this?"

"My friend Mason."

I rub my hands over my face in frustration.

"Lyd, Rory, stay up here."

"I'm sorry what?"

Scott grabs Liam and looks at us.

"What are we supposed to do?"

"Who throws the best parties in Beacon?"

"Us.. obviously."

"Exactly."

Kira and Scott get Liam out to the boat house, Billy and I follow them because I'm more use down here than I am at the house.

Billy helps Scott chain Liam. He tries to break through the chains. I hold my hand up to Liam's head.

"Sleep."

"Thanks."

"That'll hold him off for a while.. hopefully." I turn around to Scott. "He's strong.. aggressive. It'll be good for you, Scotty. That means it'll make you stronger but it also makes him dangerous."

"You're starting to sound like Derek."

"I'll take that as a compliment." I nudge his arm. "We'll be up at the house."

Billy and I walk back up to the house. I turn around to look at the lake.

"Go.. I need some fresh air."

He nods, walking alone. His footsteps become harder to hear. I close my eyes, letting the wind brush against my cheeks. It's nice to have a few moments of peace where I'm not worrying about anything.

My eyes dart open when I realize I'm not longer alone. The person feels so familiar. And yet so different.

I turn around, blocking a black energy blast. It's not like anything I've ever seen. I look up at the person who threw it. I don't see their face, just an outline of their body.

"I'd run if I were you."

One step is all it takes for me to see just a sliver of their face and my heart drops. My ears start buzzing. It's like my whole world is crashing down.

"Lainey?"

I'm barely able to get the name out. It feels like a dream. Like this isn't real.

"I don't know who you are."

"It's me.. Rory.. your best friend?"

"The girl you knew is no longer here."

She holds up a black energy blast with her fangs out. I freeze in place. I can't fight her. I won't. I refuse.

"Rory!"

Billy throws a blue energy blast at her. She gets up from the ground.

"Emma will be coming for you."

She holds her hand up a dark cloud surrounding her and she disappears. Billy runs to my side.

"Rory? Are you okay?"

"That was.. that.. that was Lainey. That was my Lainey."

We walk past the house as I try to gather my thoughts. I look around, seeing a body on the ground. I start walking towards it and see the head is no longer attacked. Billy gags when I kneel down. This is a nice distraction from what the hell just happened.

I look at the car, one of the tires is flat. I look at his name tag.

"Demarco?"

"Aurora?"

I look up and see Argent. I haven't seen him since the school. He left and told me to call whenever.

"Argent.. I don't think I've ever been so excited to see you."

I rush towards him, throwing my arms around him.

"It's good to see you, kid."

We pull apart. He looks at the body.

"Did you see who did this?"

"No. I.. I needed to clear my mind and I saw him. This couldn't have been from that long ago."

Argent looks more at the scene. My head starts pounding out of nowhere. I put my hand on my head and stumble back.

"You okay?"

"Yeah.."

I turn my head as Scott runs towards us.

"What happened?"

"I don't know. Someone at the party had to of done this. There's no one for miles."

"A kid did this?"

Argent doesn't look shocked but with all the stuff we've seen why would he.

"He's part of a pack."

"Scott's right."

"Which means they'll be looking for him."

This night has taken an unexpected turn. I still don't know what to think about Lainey. It feels like it wasn't real but it was.

I throw a portal, running through it. I grab my head again, falling to my knees as I wail.