38| I met Lainey in kindergarten..

Two days. Two horrible and absolutely miserable days of being alive. I've barely slept and it shows. I look and feel like shit. But I don't care.

I stare at the headstone that was made way too fast. My eyes pan over to the coffin that holds my best friend's body.

I look down at my hands. I can't get them to stop shaking. Stiles puts his hand over them. I look over at him.

Underneath his eyes are dark bags. It's been rough on all of us. None of them expected it to happen. I did. I just couldn't stop it.

"I'd like to call up someone very important in Lainey's life.. someone I've always considered a bonus child." Noah looks at me. "Jelly bean.."

I slightly shake my head.

"Please."

I think out of all of us Noah's had it the worst. He lost Claudia first and now the one person who reminded him of her.

I slowly stand up, walking down the row and up to the coffin. I reach my hand out to touch it, backing away before actually doing it.

I turn to the small crowd. It's mostly deputies and us. Probably around thirty people in total. I look at my mom, who's holding Lydia.

"I met Lainey in kindergarten.. we were sat next to one another because she was a quiet student and the teacher thought that would help me not talk and disrupt class."

I get some laughs.

"That was the day she became my best friend.. not that she had a choice." I smile. "She was beautiful and kind.. one of the purest souls I've ever met. She believed in me even when I didn't believe in myself."

My throat starts to close in and I lose my train of thought.

"It's crazy how one moment someone is here and the next they're not.." Tears start streaming down my cheeks. "I don't.. I'm sorry... I can't do this."

I quickly walk away. Someone's following me and I know who it is. I turn around as Stiles arms wrap around me and I start crying into his chest.

"Let it out, baby.."

I feel like I'm being selfish, I lost my best friend but he lost his sister.

"Why.. why are you comforting me?"

I look up at him.

"I want you to take the pain from my dad."

"What?"

"I don't know how he'll get through it if you don't."

"Stiles.. that's.. I can't do that."

"Please.. take the pain from him.. and from me."

One that Wanda told me was dangerous even if it didn't seem like it, was hiding emotions, or taking them. It doesn't seem dangerous but it can be.

"I.."

"Please."

I haven't overlooked Stiles pain. Isaac was the one who called him when it happened. He found me crying over her body. He couldn't even get close.

He brings me to his house. I can't even look in the direction of Lainey's room. I sit on the edge of his bed while he showers.

I zone out. I don't really know for how long until Stiles kneels in front of me. He's been crying. His eyes are puffy and red.

"Please."

"Stiles, are you sure?"

He nods. I put my hand on his cheek. I slowly start taking his pain. I gasp at the impact of his pain. A single tear drop falls from his eye.

He stands up and a slight smile graces his lips. I wish I could feel that way. Not feel the pain of losing her.

I excuse myself and head downstairs. I can hear sniffles. And now it's Noah's turn. I find him on the couch with his head in his hands.

I slowly walk towards Noah. He looks up with watery eyes and it hits me. I have to do this. He won't get through this if I don't.

I put my hand near his head. I take a deep breath and start taking his pain. Relief sets over his face as I stumble back.

"Want a sandwich, jelly bean?"

I nod and he gets up and heads to the kitchen. I take a deep breath as tears start falling down my face again.