56| You're lucky Scott's here

I walk down the stairs to hear my mom arguing with someone over the phone. I take one more step and she stops talking. I don't bother trying to hide, showing myself.

She sets the phone down on the counter. I walk towards her and she forces a smile.

"Who was that?"

"Nobody."

"I can tell when you're lying."

"It's nothing, sweetie." She says. "Lydia and Billy are already at school.. where you should be."

I roll my eyes. I grab my bag from the table before going out to my car. Once I get to school I expect to see Liam by my locker but he's not there. Maybe he's just late for school.

I go to a few classes when Liam's best friend, Mason stops me in the hall. I haven't had many conversations with him.

"Can I help you?"

"I can't find Liam."

"Wait, you haven't seen him?"

"We went on a run and he was acting strange and then he just disappeared."

I look up and see Scott.

"Scott!" He turns around walking towards us. "Have you seen Liam?"

"Nope."

They both follow me to Coach's office. Apparently Liam wasn't in class either.

"Go to class, Mason. Text one of us if you've seen him."

He nods. My phone starts ringing. I pull my phone out as Scott looks at the screen. I answer the call as we walk in the hall.

"Liam?"

"Sounds like you already know the answer to that, Aurora."

"Where is Liam?"

"Come on. Like I'm actually going to tell you that. I want my money."

"What money?"

"Oh.. Scott hasn't told you about my money he stole?"

I look at Scott, stopping in the middle of the hallway. I don't think Scott's ever stolen anything in his life, let alone money from someone.

"But that money isn't going to get you Liam back."

"Listen you little shit. I've killed people. And I'm not afraid to add another body to that list."

"We're threatening now? I thought we could string up a deal."

"When I find you I'm going to-"

Scott takes the phone.

"What do you want?"

Garrett says something I can't hear. Scott hands me my phone back.

"He wants Violet too."

"Scott, you stole money?"

"Not intentionally."

"How the fuck do you unintentionally steal money?"

"Calm down. I'm going to meet him."

Scott walks away. After one class Scott leaves to meet Garrett. I follow him even after he told me not to. I round the corner of the bus, grabbing Garrett by his neck and slamming him against the side of the bus.

"Rory!"

I squeeze his neck.

"Tell me where Liam is you little shit and I won't snap your neck."