32| He's going to get you killed!

I walk into the hospital with Lainey by my side.

"Do you promise to be on your best behavior?"

I look at her and smile.

"I promised someone else I'd be on my worst behavior."

"Rory."

"Fine.. but I still don't understand why you needed me here."

We walk further in when Melissa catches us up on everything. Last night Isaac and a woman were brought in. Lainey looks like she knows something.

Truth is we've gotten back to normal. For the most part. I still feel like she's keeping things from me. She's spent a lot of time with Derek over the summer. Every time I tried asking for what she brushed it off as nothing important.

We walk to Isaac's room. Lainey immediately goes to his side, grabbing his head. I haven't seen much of their interactions. But I can feel their love for one another.

I walk to his other side, pulling up his bandage. I hover my hand over the wounds. Isaac should've already healed but it still looks fresh.

"This was done by an Alpha.." I look up at Lainey. "This wasn't from Derek, was it?"

"Don't be mad."

"Don't be mad?" I ask. "Who the hell did this?"

"Can we talk outside?"

I put the bandage back down and follow Lainey out of the room and outside. I cross my arms as she opens her mouth to talk.

"Well?"

"We've been looking for the Alpha pack.."

"Why?"

"They're after Derek, Rory, what do you want me to do?"

"To not help him! Boyd and Erica are both missing and what has he done? Nothing!"

"This is why I didn't want to tell you."

I put my hands on my face and laugh. I thought we were past this. Past lying to one another. But I was wrong.

Every time I feel like we take a step forward we take three steps backward and I don't know how to fix it. I don't knew how to get her to trust me again because clearly she doesn't.

"He's going to get you killed!" I yell. "Do you not see that! Look at Isaac. He's in the hospital and where is Derek?"

She doesn't say anything. I can feel tears swell up in my eyes. I never thought we'd be in a place like this. A place where my own best friend doesn't trust me.

"You don't see that he's using you! Lainey, do you think he'll give a shit if you die?" I ask. "Me on the other hand.. I don't know how I can live a life without you in it."

Tears start falling down my face.

"And Stiles? Your dad? People who actually care about you!" I yell. "I don't want to lose you! You're my best friend.. you showed me how to love someone.."

She wipes tears falling down her face.

"I love you so much, Rory."

"I love you, Lainey."

I run to her and throw my arms around her. I see a vision. It's Lainey at the hands of a woman I don't recognize. She stabs her claws into Lainey's chest.

I jump back and stare at Lainey. She looks at me confused. She turns around to the hospital doors, running in. I stand still in shock.

"It may not happen.." I whisper to myself. "It may not happen."

I run in after her and find her staring at the elevator doors. She points to it.

"Scott is in there with someone."

I look at can sense an Alpha in there with him. I run to the doors, waiting for them to open. They open revealing a tall dude standing over Scott.

"I'm an Alpha."

I create an energy sword, stabbing it into his back.

"Boo hoo."

He yells out in pain as I remove the sword and levitate his body into the air, throwing him down the hall. I look at Scott on the ground. I hold my hand out for him to take.

"You got your ass kicked."

"Thanks for that."

Lainey runs in to help him with Isaac. I turn around and find the Alpha gone but Derek standing at the end of the hall. Scott and Lainey walk past me. I follow them, not saying another word.

Lainey offers me to ride with Derek but I refuse. Scott waits until they leave.

"What's wrong?"

"I saw.." I can't even say the words out loud. "I saw Lainey's death."

He's at a loss for words.

"W-what?"

Tears fill up my eyes again.

"I saw her die.. Scott, I-I saw her die."

I fall to my knees. I grab my head as voices start flooding in.

"Scott, get away."

"No, no way."

"Scott, get.. away!" I scream.

He stumbles back, holding his hands over his ears.