34| What if I can't save her?

I slowly walk towards the man standing alone in the middle of the woods. I stand beside him. I take a few deep breaths. 

"The wondrous Aurora Martin." Deucalion says. "To what do I owe this pleasure?"

"One of your Alpha's will kill my best friend.. I need to make sure it never happens."

"And how do you expect this to happen?"

"Two options. I can kill her or you can keep her in check."

"And what do I get in return?"

Making a deal with the devil is the last thing I was expecting myself to do. But I feel like I really don't have any other option. 

"I'll give you Derek Hale.. because that's what you're here for, right?"

He doesn't say anything. I look at him confused. My mind starts running a million miles.

"Then why else.." I stop myself when I enter his mind. "Scott.."

He turns around and starts to walk away. 

"We will keep in touch, Aurora."

I let him walk away, throwing a portal. I jump when I see Stiles sitting on my bed. 

"Where'd you go?"

"A walk.."

"You don't go on walks."

I don't want to lie to Stiles. But I know he'll tell me I'm making a mistake. 

"I do now."

"You went on a walk in boots?"

I look at my feet. I roll my eyes and look at him. 

"I'm still trying to figure out a way to save Lainey."

"Meaning what?"

"You're not going to like what I say so I'm not gonna say it.."

I walk to my bathroom. I wash my hands, looking over at Stiles. He's leaning against the frame of the door. Normally I'd find that extremely attractive. 

"I can't let her die, Stiles."

"You think I want her to die? Rory, that's my sister."

"What would you do to save Scott's life?" I ask. "How far would you go?"

The bond that Stiles and Scott have is similar to that of Lainey and mine. Best friends but a connection stronger than any normal friendship. 

Stiles may be the man I love but Lainey will always be my first love. My soulmate in a sense that I will never find someone like her again. 

He doesn't say anything. And I know for a fact that Stiles would do anything to make sure that Scott lives. There is not a limit to where he wouldn't go to save his life. 

"Exactly.."

I try to walk past him but he doesn't let me. He puts a single finger underneath my chin, forcing me to look up at him. 

I know he doesn't want Lainey to die. What normal human being would want their sibling to die? And as much as they fight, they have a bond that's unbreakable. They may not be as close as they were as kids but it doesn't matter. 

"I'm scared.." I whisper. "What if I can't save her?"

"Don't think like that, Rory."

Tears start falling down my face. 

"I'm scared I'll become what everyones scared I will.. I don't know if I can handle the pain, Stiles. What if I become the villain everyone expects me to be?"

He places both of his hands on my face. 

"You are not a villain, Aurora, you hear me?" 

"I love you."

"I know."

I smile and wrap my arms around his body.