52| It is time for the Aries Twins to rise

I walk to my locker, fixing my make up in my mini mirror. I put my textbooks in there before closing it. I start walking down the hall, taking my phone out just as someone walks into me.

"Watch where you're-" I stop talking when I see it's Malia. "Oh.. you."

Truth be told I don't like her. Not because she's with Stiles. Okay, maybe a little bit. But she gets on my nerves.

"I was going to apologize but the way you've been treating Stiles, he deserves one."

"You don't know anything."

I walk around her when she grabs my arm.

"You need to apologize to him."

I yank my arm out of her grasp.

"I don't owe him anything. He's the one who decided to start dating the first girl who threw herself at him. I'm not the one who's a rebound." Her eyes turn a bright blue. "Easy to piss you off.. that's good to know."

"Rory!"

I look behind her as Billy jogs towards us.

"Word to the wise.. I'm not someone you want to piss off."

Billy pushes me away from her. He gives her a quick smile before scowling.

"Seriously?"

"Be happy I didn't hurt her."

"Proud of you."

We walk to the library. I help him with some of his reading. He really wasn't a typical kid on his universe. He was a hero. Or a hero in training. He didn't have classes or go to school. My mom is making him so long as he's staying at the house.

After an hour of studying we head out to my car but end up running into Scott and Stiles holding up a younger boy.

"What did they do to you?"

"Attacked me."

"Go figure." I say. "Aurora."

"I'm aware."

"Sassy little freshman." I smile. "I like him."

"We need to take him to the hospital."

"He's probably safer in the hands of a woman."

Scott moves as Liam wraps his arm around my shoulders. Stiles does the same for Billy.

"We'll meet you at the hospital!"

We slowly walk to my car, putting Liam in the passenger seat. Billy walks back towards the school.

"Where are you going?"

"I'll get a ride home with Lyd!"

I get into my car and back out of my spot. I steal glances at Liam. He's upset.

"I'm sure they didn't mean to hurt you."

"It feels like they did."

"I've known both of them a long time.. they're definitely characters but they mean good."

I look back at the road.

"I'm sorry about your friend." He says. "The sheriffs daughter. I remember seeing you in the newspaper."

Finally accepting Lainey's death was something I thought would take a long time. It only took me going to a different universe to accept it. Accepting it and getting over it are two different things.

I'll never be over losing her but I know I can't do anything to bring her back. What keeps me sane is knowing in that other universe I saved her. And that's all that matters.