70| I think I loved him

I look at the shelf of books. I could've swore Wanda had a book on the Ghost Riders.

I even called Billy to get a second opinion. I look over at his hologram.

"I'm not going crazy, right? You don't see it either."

"Nope."

I trail my finger across the spines of all the books again to make sure I didn't miss it.

"It was here."

"That's what I'm saying."

I give up, going to sit on the floor.

"It's eating away at you."

"How do I stop something we can't see?" I ask. "I mean we can't see them and they're taking people. How is that even possible?"

He crosses his arms. It's hard with him away after Lydia. I wanted to call him back here but I knew I couldn't. He has a life to live too.

"I've never seen you this stumped about something so obvious."

"What are you talking about?"

He laughs and it pisses me off.

"A person cannot be erased from the face of the planet. It's not possible, not even your magic can do that. Someone cannot be full erased from reality."

"So.. there has to be something here that ties that person to existing."

"Exactly." I stand up. "I gotta go. Talk to you later."

His hologram disappears and I throw a portal that leads back to my house. I run up the stairs to my room.

I grab my bag, looking at my nightstand. I walk to the other side of my bed to grab the picture.

I tilt my head looking at it. It's me. And I look happy but there's an odd amount of space next to me in it. I set it down, turning around to my desk. I stare at the picture of Scott, Malia and I from picture day.

Again there's an odd amount of space between Scott and I, like someone is supposed to be there. I've been ignoring the feeling in my stomach. It's like there's something missing in my life, or someone.

I ignore the feeling and walk downstairs. I get into my car, driving to school. I park in my normal spot, looking over at an empty spot.

I shake my head. I get out and walk towards the doors. I walk to class, passing by Malia's desk. I look at her textbook that's mostly highlighted in yellow but see one word in red.

I've gotten to know Malia better so I know when she highlights something in red it means she doesn't know or understand the word. I lean over and read it aloud.

"Style.."

"Do you know what it means?"

"Umm.." I grab my head as flashes of a memory that I don't remember appear. "It's umm.. I gotta go."

I quickly walk out of the classroom. I walk down the hall, grabbing my head as a voice starts talking.

"Remember how you saved my life?"

"No.." I say. "You saved mine too.."

I stop in the middle of the hallway. I close my eyes.

"Focus, Aurora, focus."

I open my eyes and I'm outside. But now it's dark. I run across grass to someone. But I don't know who.

"Focus."

I see a faceless person. I try to get their face clear but I can't.

"Remember.. remember I love you."

"Rory!"

My eyes pop open and I try to catch my breath while Malia looks at me.

"Are you crazy?"

I look around and realize I'm outside. And she stopped me from getting ran over.

"Are you okay?"

"I don't know.." I shake my head. "I just.. I feel like there's something missing in my life."

"Yeah.. me too."

I leave school to go home and lay in bed. I stare at the ceiling for hours, trying to remember this faceless person.

"Come on, Aurora, get your shit together!"

I sit up, throwing my phone at the wall. No one's home thankfully. My mom's at school doing whatever principals do.

I try and sleep. My minds running a million miles per minute. I can't shake the thought that someone should be here with me.

I eventually fall asleep but not for too long because Malia wakes me up in the middle of the night.

We're supposed to meet Scott who apparently woke up in the woods. He hands us flashlights, walking away.

"I've been out here before. It was the beginning of sophomore year, the night before tryouts for first line."

"What were you doing?"

"Looking for a dead body."

Malia and I give each other a look.

"Okay.. anything else?"

We all start walking again.

"How did I get here?"

"You drove?"

"I didn't have a car."

"You're a witch." Malia says. "Can't you do something?"

"A combination of Valack torturing me and absorbing Lydia's powers has made my magic weird."

I look at Malia and shrug.

"Do you remember when I became the White Witch?"

Malia and Scott both look at each other, shaking their heads.

"It was when Lainey died.. but there was someone who helped me..."

"I think this sounds crazy but I think I had a best friend.." Scott says. "And I think he was out with me that night."

Malia agrees that it's not crazy. And that's when all eyes turn to me.

"There's been something missing in my life. I've got pictures on my desk with empty spaces of someone who is meant to be there. I keep hearing voices of a voice I don't recognize." I say. "I think I loved him."

"What if we're all missing the same person?"

Scott grabs a picture from his pocket. He shines the flashlight on it. We all got copies of the same picture from picture day. I stare at the empty space between him and I.

"And I think he was in this picture."

We head to the clinic. The thought process is that maybe I can somehow remember this person.

I'm the most powerful Banshee alive. And maybe if he can help me, we can remember him.