19| Maybe I'm just overthinking..

"What did Derek say to you when you saw him?"

"I didn't go there to talk to Derek, I went there for Lainey. He's not going to divulge his plan to me, okay? I don't trust him anymore. He's definitely building up his pack."

"Well, yeah. More Beta's makes the Alpha stronger."

"Exactly."

"You look like you have a theory."

"I do.." I say. "It just can't be proven yet."

Derek just became an Alpha, a Hale Alpha at that, people will notice. I have no doubt that the pack of Alpha's have already heard of it. Each of them killed their Beta's to become something stronger than a normal Alpha. And I think Derek's scared that they'll come for him. 

"I'm not saying it out loud until I know it's true."

Scott groans as I shrug. Stiles runs over, kissing my cheek before catching his breath. 

"It's Boyd."

"Okay, perfect. Now, we just gotta find him."

"I'm sorry.. we?" I ask. "Why am I roped into this?"

"Because you love us?" Scott nudges me. "And maybe we can get Lainey back on our side."

Lainey technically being on Derek's side has me on edge. I know it won't end well but I can't make her do anything. 

"I know this is a big thing but he's giving them a choice. We can't force them to not take the bite."

"I mean technically you can.."

I glare at Scott. He is right though but I would never do that. 

"That's not what my magic is meant for."

"Noble for once, I like it."

"You gotta admit, Erica looks pretty-" Stiles stops and looks at me. "Terrible."

"Mhm.." I say. "Okay, well.. I love you, Scotty but maybe this one isn't your responsibility."

"They are. They're both of ours." Scott looks at me again. "You know this things gonna get out of control. That makes us responsible."

Scott wants to help. And I admire him for that. But to be honest this really isn't a priority of mine.

"Why am I being dragged into this? I have other shit going on."

"What else could you possibly have going on?"

I walk away as they follow.

"There's a witch named Agatha who's on a manhunt looking for me. And the less people involved the better because she is trying to kill me." I say. "Let's just find Boyd."

"I'm driving."

I follow Stiles to his Jeep. We drive in mostly silence.

"What if I turn evil?"

"Evil? Why would you turn evil?"

"I don't know.. I just feel like I'm going crazy. My subconscious is trying to warn me, that's why I saw the vision of Agatha when she was younger." I say. "But there's also this part of me I don't understand and it scares me."

He puts his hand on my thigh. It's a simple move but effective. I'm instantly more calm. 

"I need to find the Darkhold to really know what I am because nobody will tell me. I mean if I'm a partial Banshee and Lydia actually is one, what if she has magic too?"

He stays silent to let me keep talking. 

"Hybrids aren't meant to happen. It's supposed to be impossible. An abomination of sorts. But to be a born hybrid? It's never been heard of. It's against nature."

"What did Lainey say?"

"She's the one who got my brain thinking."

"You miss her, don't you?"

"Of course I miss my best friend." I say. "I just can't help but feel like something's going to happen."

He stops outside Boyd's home.

"Maybe I'm just overthinking.. let's find Boyd, okay?"

"Rory.."

"It's fine."

We get out, running to the front door. Stiles bangs on the door as no one answers.

"He's not here."

We both turn around to find Erica staring at us, or more so staring at Stiles.

"What are you doing here, Stiles?"

I awkwardly watch as Erica and Stiles talk in a civilized manner.

"We should actually go. Come on, Stiles."

I start to walk away when Erica hits Stiles with something that looks vital to his car running. She turns to me before dropping it.

"You think you scare me?" She growls as I smile. "Oh, Erica.. Derek must not have told you who I am."

I twist my right hand. Erica's eyes are glued to my hand. I look at the energy ball acting surprised that it's there.

"Oh, this? It's not gonna hurt I promise." 

I throw it to her body. She's thrown off the porch as I go to Stiles side. I get him up and walk towards his Jeep. I set his body down realizing his Jeep isn't working.

"Fuck.."

I turn around to find Erica gone. I kneel down to Stiles, holding my hand up to his head.

"Wake."

Stiles jolts up.

"Did we find Boyd?"

"No.. we did not find Boyd. Get up."

He stands up, brushing any dirt off of him.

"I need to get this to the shop. You need to find Boyd."

"I'm not leaving you, Stiles."

He wants to argue but doesn't even try. He calls a tow truck. We wait, sitting on the curb with my head resting on his shoulder. 

When the tow truck comes its dark. Stiles keeps telling me I can go but I stay with him anyway. He talks with the mechanic as I stay in the office. 

The walls are filled with pictures of the mechanic in high school. Of course he was on the lacrosse team. He looks like he'd be friends with Jackson. Stiles walks in with something on his hands.

"Ew.. what is that?"

I take a swipe from his hands before he wipes it on his sweater. I rub my fingers together. My hand starts shaking. I can't feel a thing.

"Stiles.."

"Hey! Hey!"

I look out the office to see a creature on the ceiling. Stiles falls to the ground as I do the same.

"Stiles, I can't feel anything!"

"Calm down."

"How am I supposed to be calm when I can't feel anything!"

Pure panic sets through my body. I can't feel anything in my body. I focus on my breathing. I try and look at the desk. 

I close my eyes, trying to see if I can levitate a pen from the desk. I smile when I feel it in the air. I stab it into my leg. 

I gasp at the contact but now my body feels tingly and I can feel it again. First it's my fingers moving then my toes. I get my arm to push my body up. 

"How'd you do that?"

"Stabbing the pen into my leg triggers the healing process of it. I figured if that's triggered then I should be able to move my body again."

I look at the body of the mechanic. I turn back to Stiles. After he regains control of his body we walk outside and greeted with red and blue lights and Noah staring us down.