58| What if I'm not strong enough?

I sit beside Malia on the bleachers. I cringe at Stiles playing like a total fool. Malia and I have gotten to know each other as friends instead of enemies. I'm still trying to put it all behind me. This is the first part of moving on.

Stiles and I just aren't meant to be, and that's okay. I've got a lot going on with the whole rift in the multiverse.

I haven't heard anything from Reed or Sue. So, I hope everything is fine even though it's probably not.

I look at Stiles and feel like throwing up. The fact that I will be the reason he dies lives in my head.

I get up without a word, walking away from the field. I start hyperventilating. I hold my head as voices erupt.

"Get out.. get out!"

My whole body feels weightless. I look around and realize I'm in the woods.

"No more witches."

"You bring destruction!"

"You are the White Witch!"

"Get out of my head!"

My yells echo. The voices continue to talk over one another. I've never felt so out of control of my powers.

"Get out!"

I fall to the ground. I get up and look around. I look at my hands before looking up to a ghostly figure.

"Wanda? How are you here?"

"I've felt you calling for help."

"I didn't call for help.."

"Not intentionally."

She helps me up. She almost looks angry but she always was good at hiding it. Maybe death made her loose her ways.

"You're torn.. trying to desperately stay good while the evil lurks in the shadows."

"I didn't do it.."

"I know." She sighs. "I know you would not go against my judgment."

She turns around, clasping her hands together before separating them. I watch her every move. Examining them almost.

"The future is never fully intact. You may see something but it can always be changed. But it is when you mess with time and reality when it messes back."

She turns back to me.

"The power in your core has the ability to wipe out an entire race. And if that happens worse things will happen here."

"How'd you know?"

She walks close enough to touch me.

"Just because I am dead does not mean I am clueless."

I try to look down but she holds my head up. She stares at me. Examining my face. Under any other circumstance I'd be uncomfortable.

"One thing I will tell you before I go is don't bury your pain. You need to face it."

"What if I'm not strong enough?"

She smiles.

"You will need to face her eventually.. the question remains... are you willing to fight her to save the universe?"

I can't. I absolutely refuse. I can't fight Lainey. I can't hurt her.

"Of course not.. that is why Delia chose to resurrect her."

"Who?"

"Billy thinks that Emma is your worst enemy but she is only a pawn in this game of chess." She says. "A war is coming. And it's coming fast."

I don't know what to say. I'm not ready for a war. At least I don't think so.

"It's time for you to become the White Witch."

"I already am."

Her eyes glow red. I look up as an outline of a white head piece appears on my head.

"Go save Lydia."

"What?"

I jolt up still in the woods. I stand up and throw a portal. I run through it and look around the school. I tilt my head, listening for heartbeats. I can feel Lydia's close. I start running down the hall until I reach the basement.

I almost trip going down the stairs. A berserker's back is all I see. It's holding Noah up. It knows I'm here because it drops Noah.

"Hide!"

Noah scoots around the corner. I throw a white energy blast at it. It shatters upon contact.

"Lyd!"

She crawls from around the corner. I run towards her throwing my arms around her.