63| His condition was terminal

I look from the outside of Lydia's room. She had surgery. I've been waiting for her to wake up but she hasn't. My mom told me I need to go home. I haven't left here since she went into surgery.

"How's she doing?"

I turn around to look at Parrish. He's the last person I expected to be here. But I guess Lydia's gotten close to him.

"She hasn't woken up yet.. so, I don't really know."

"You need to go home, Aurora."

"I know.."

I look at him again.

"I guess she's in good hands with a deputy at her side."

I tap his shoulder when I pass him. I walk out to my car, staring into space once I get in. A few minutes pass by until I actually drive to my house.

I walk up to my room. I close and lock my door. I stare at my book shelf. I hold my hand up to an empty spot. The Darkhold appears. I grab it just as someone knocks on the door.

I put it back on the shelf, hovering my hand over it. I watch it disappear before going downstairs. I open the door, shocked to see Theo.

"What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to apologize."

"For?"

"I didn't want to make you uncomfortable."

I lean against the door.

"Honestly.. you didn't make me uncomfortable."

"Yeah?"

"Mhm."

I've tried getting our kiss out of my head but I can't. It's complicating everything I thought I knew. My feelings for Stiles are still very much there but not Theo's here complicating those feelings.

"Do you want to get food?"

"Sure."

I don't bother bringing my phone. I close the door, hovering my hand over the knob to lock it. He opens the door for me to his truck.

I examine his face as he drives. There's something off about him that I can't pinpoint. Almost like he's hiding something but I can't tell what.

He stops at the nearest fast food place which so happens to be McDonalds. He pays for the food, driving to the preserve.

He sets up a blanket in the bed of his truck. He makes it look like some cute date which it clearly isn't. At least I don't think it is. I feel like I'd know if it is a date.

Part of me feels guilty for moving on. I never thought Stiles and I would break up but it was for the best. At least that's what I told and tell myself to make myself feel better about the situation.

I know I should move on. Stiles has moved on with Malia. Maybe I should too.

We talk and eat. Oddly enough I feel comfortable with him. He remembers Lainey. I've been trying to ignore the feeling in my stomach about the whole situation.

I'm going to have to fight her. And I don't know if I can. How am I supposed to fight my best friend?

"When she died a part of myself died with her. I saw it and I didn't try hard enough to save her.. and when she did die... I felt it."

"You couldn't control that."

"I could've tried harder.. I should've tried harder. I'll never forgive myself for that.. I couldn't protect her even with all this power."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be. I've come to terms with the fact that I can't save everybody. It's fine."

I take a sip of my pop, looking at him. He's already looking at me. It almost looks like there's sparkles in his eyes. I feel heat creep up to my cheeks.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

"You're beautiful."

"I'm aware."

"You're aware?

He laughs. I turn my head as he pushes my hair behind my ear. He keeps his thumb on my cheek.

"Why did you really come back to Beacon Hills?"

I look down at his chest.

"I need a pack, Aurora. I don't have anyone."

"You could have me."

He looks surprised. I'm surprised by my own words. A true smile graces his lips.

Without even thinking I get on top of his lap. He takes my shirt off and starts kissing down my neck.

We switch positions. I'm now on my back. His fingers slide up my bare thighs until he reaches my skirt.

"We don't have to."

"I want to."

I grab a handful of his shirt, pulling him towards me. Something feels wrong. I sit up.

"What's wrong?"

"It's Liam.."

I tilt my head.

"I'm sorry."

I stand up, throwing a portal. I run through it. I look around the club when I see Brett throw someone off Mason through the beaded curtains. I run towards Mason.

"You okay?"

He nods his head. I quickly examine his body before looking up and seeing someone slash Brett's stomach. I throw an energy blast at them.

Liam jumps on the boy who doesn't look to be that much older than him. I hover my hand over Brett's wound while Scott and Kira fight the boy. I look up as Kira uses her fox fire, swinging her sword to kill him.

"Kira!"

I hold my hand out, freezing the sword before it hits him. She turns to me as her fox fire dies down.

"Is everyone okay?"

Everyone nods. I turn my attention back to Brett.

"Stay still."

I hover my hand over his wound again to heal it.

"Thank you."

I smile when the moment is ruined. The people Malia saw kill Tracy stand above on the equipment. And now they killed the boy.

"Why did you do that?"

"His condition was terminal."

"What the hell does that mean!"

"Failure."

Sparks fly and they disappear. I stand up, checking Liam for any sign of injury.