69| I could never forget you

Five Months Later

I watch Scott break apart from this poor boy Liam and Hayden brought to the station. He's terrified.

"What'd you see?"

"I saw a guy on a horse.. and he had a gun."

"A guy with a gun sounds more like my department."

"No.."

I walk closer to the boy, kneeling down.

"They're coming back. They're coming for me."

"We're not gonna let them take you."

I stand up, looking at Scott.

"You have that feeling too, don't you?"

He nods. On our way to the impound lot I hype myself up.

When Lydia died, I absorbed all of her powers, like some sort of merge. Both her magic and Banshee powers became mine.

Getting used to being a Banshee has been hard. I don't really have anyone to show me anything. So, I've been spending a lot of time with Deaton to get a better idea on how to control it.

We pull into the parking lot and get out. I slowly follow Stiles and Scott. If the boys parents are dead I will know. I should know.

I look at the broken windshield. Something about it catches my eye. I look over the fence as Malia jumps over. She transforms from her wolf form to human. I take off my jacket, throwing it to her.

The past five months have given me time to actually get to know her without wanting to punch her in the face. I'm surprised she doesn't hate me for Stiles breaking up with her. We've gotten along pretty well since then though.

"They're not dead." I say. "But something isn't right.."

"Finally!"

I glare at Stiles. He's been itching for something to happen. I think he's bored when nobody is after us.

Malia and Stiles start bickering and she walks away. I look back at the windshield. I get closer.

"Do you see that?" I point to the edges. "It looks almost bent. Solid glass doesn't bend like this."

Stiles grabs one of the pieces from the dash. I'm absolutely exhausted. I give Stiles a quick kiss before throwing a portal to go home.

I walk straight to my room, passing out once my head hits the pillow. I wake up in a rush, still in my clothes from yesterday.

It's picture day which means the last picture day I will ever have. I quickly put on the dress my mom had bought for it. I told her it wasn't necessary but she just wanted an excuse to shop especially now that Lydia is gone.

I sit down at my vanity, doing my make up. I look at the picture of Lainey and I and smile. Everyone knows she's alive again.

I told her to go out and enjoy the world. She went looking for Isaac right away. They're in Italy now I think? She's happy and alive which makes me happy.