57| I'm not like you

I watch from above as Cassie and Kate train. They laugh, giving each other high fives. The hollow part of my heart aches seeing them together.

I've only been here for a couple days because Tony needed help with something. Kate and Cassie are close and in a way it reminds me of Lainey and myself. I hate it. It reminds me of a bond I no longer have.

I turn around, hearing footsteps approach. I stare at Tony. He knows my time here is very limited. I didn't even want to come here to begin with. Everything happening in Beacon right now is more of a priority than whatever the hell this is.

"It's ready."

"About damn time."

I go outside the compound, walking towards Kate and Cassie. They both greet me.

"Want to train? We've got targets you can use."

"I actually have to go.."

"What, why?" Cassie frowns. "You just got here."

"I know and you guys are great but.."

"You have a priority in Beacon Hills?"

I look at Kate, nodding.

"Supernatural creatures are being targeted and killed. It's a big dead pool. Almost everyone I care about is on it. But there's so many people on it that I need to protect."

"We get it."

"I just came to say goodbye. I know in the future we'll have plenty of time to get to know each other."

They both nod. I run back inside. I follow Tony down the hall when Clint and Thor appear at the other end of the hall. I smile as Thor walks towards me. He grabs me, swinging my body around.

"I missed you too, dude."

He sets me down as Clint gives me a hug.

"My daughter.. well one of my daughters is here. I think you'd like her."

I know he's referring to Layla.

"I have to look at the scepter first."

"Yeah.. have fun with that."

Tony and I continue down the hall. We go down a few flights of stairs. Tony opens up a door with a retinal and hand print scan. I see the tesseract in the corner right next to the scepter.

"Bruce or Thor should be able to break the tesseract." I walk closer to the scepter. "But this.. this is insane. The power jus radiating off of it.."

I put my hand on the scepter. I close my eyes, snatching my hand away.

"It's the Mind Stone inside there."

"Can you open it?"

I nod. I turn around, throwing a force field around him. I turn back to the scepter, clamping my hands together.

"I can do this."

I hold my hand up as a white beam leaves it. I push harder and harder until the blue pieces shatter. In the dust I see a faint outline of someone floating in the air.

"No more witches."

I fall unconscious. I look around when I see Stiles. I start running towards him. He looks older. Only by a few years maybe. Early twenties. He has a FBI vest on.

"Stiles?"

He doesn't look at me. I turn around hearing footsteps. Three people I don't recognize walk towards him. I look back at him and realize he's bounded to the ground. I didn't the roots until now.