Dark Arc Epilogue - All For Two

Author's Note:

This wasn't originally planned, but it was most certainly needed.

The Ascension Arc begins next chapter.

____________________________________________________

Dovah's POV:

I wake up with a terrified expression on my face only to sigh in relief right after. They're really here. My surrogate siblings from my timeline. It's not a dream, I really did it.

At the very least, I managed to truly save them.

Sure, I could try going further back in time (after destroying that stupid blocker) to save everyone else too, creating a better ending for my timeline, but for starters, I already did that.

(A/N: Chp 87 "Plan B")

And like I said back then, it just wouldn't be the same whether I created another branch in my timeline or even recreated their DNA and memories. Could I really say that they are 'them' in those cases? I would just see them as fakes.

I managed to save Karen and Tricia, but I couldn't protect the others I loved and cared about. Reviving my dead friends and family as fakes just to heal my loneliness and regrets... I refuse to stoop that low. I refuse to be that pathetic. I failed to save everyone besides Karen and Tricia against Butters and that's that.

The 'past me' I helped get a better ending for can enjoy that branch all he wants; such a thing doesn't impact me in the slightest. With time travel working on multiverse theory, I knew deep down back then that doing such a thing was just a crappy attempt at making myself feel better.

I'm aware that I'm selfish. However, that's the very reason why I can't approve of creating a convenient world just for myself. It's why I didn't just create a perfect version of South Park in Imaginationland way back when.

(A/N: Chp 40 "Power NOT Beyond My Imagination")

In a world like that, my whole existence itself would just rot away and die. I would rather proudly choose to bear the loneliness than cling to the past just to comfort myself.

My plans to alter the story haven't changed; it's just that I can no longer be a part of that story anymore. Simply put, I'll be the actual writer instead of just another character.

But more than that, I have new friends, new goals, new adventures and people to save, and most importantly... I didn't fail completely.

Karen is snuggled up next to me with a trail of drool leaking out of her mouth and onto the bed while Tricia is on the other side of me with her middle finger up despite being fast asleep. I look over to the bed I had the two of them sleep in only to find it empty and super messy.

'Awww. They could have just asked if they wanted to stay with me.'

I smile as I slowly get out of bed without waking them and start making some breakfast for the girls.

As for where I am right now, this is one of the safe houses T.K. and I made in case our plans go to shit and we need to hide out from the current multiversal factions (whatever the fuck those turn out to be).

The timelines these houses are in are completely random (literally picked a few slips out of a hat when I chose where to set these up). The point in time didn't really matter since these houses weren't going to be in civilized areas anyway. As long as Earth was around and inhabitable, it passed.