First Day Of School

"Daniel, mom says to take out the trash." I say as I pass by his room.

"I don't have time, Marcus and the boys are about to drive up." he says.

Walking out of his bedroom, he wore tan dress pants, a white button up, and a navy blue blazer, with a red and white handkerchief sticking from the blazer pocket; with his dirty blonde hair, messy on the top of his head.

"You know mom doesn't like when you don't do your chores." I say leaning against the hall wall.

"I know, but come on shrimp, will you do it just this once?"

I rolled my eyes, "You've been saying just this once for years, maybe it's time to think of a new line?"

Daniel cocked his brow and says, "So you'll do it?"

I sigh, "Do I have a choice?"

Smiling his award winning smile, Daniel leans down kisses me on my cheek as he pats my arm, "You're the best." Looking down the hall to my room he asks, "Wolfy left?"

I nodded, "Yeah like an hour ago."

"I swear that lil dude be on the move, Asher still picking you up?"

I nodded, "Yup."

"Good." tying his tie around his neck a car honks from outside as Daniel says, "Alright that's my ride." Kissing me once more on my cheek he says, "See you later little sis."

"Bye Danny." I say.

Grabbing his backpack Danny walks down the stairs and out the front door.

Running a brush through my hair I adjusted my skirt and stocking as I went to grab my book bag. Swinging it over my shoulder I grabbed the trash as I sat it inside of the trash bin as my dad drives up in his police car.

"Hey honey, shouldn't you be on your way to school?" asked my dad as he steps out of his sheriff car.

"Yeah Asher is picking me up." I say crossing my arms, blocking the cold breeze.

"Asher? Asher is that kid Ashton right?"

"Yes dad Asher, the one I've been best friends with since freshman year."

Out on the street an old Camaro drives up, stopping next to the curb,

"Wass up, Sheriff!" Yells Ashton as he rolls down his window.

"Hello Mr. Irwin." says my dad as he give him a wave.

"Alright dad I have to go." I say quickly giving him a peck on the cheek.

"Have wonderful first day back sweetheart."

"I'll try!" I say as I jog to the sidewalk opening the door to get into Ashton's  car.

"Morning Anna Banana." Says Ashton.

"Morning." I say placing my bag on the floor as he drives off.

----------------

"So! Are we morbidly excited about the new school year?" ask Ashton pulling down the normal street that lead straight to or school.

"I don't think so. What is there to be excited about in 11th grade?" I ask.

"Um a lot of things!" says Ashton, "There's new kids, a new semester, new classes, and new hotties."

"Hotties? Asher have you forgotten again that I like guys?"

"What? No I'm talking about for me. All the honeys when they come back from break are breath taking, their tan, fit and still bubbly from losing all the oxygen in their brain when they went swimming all summer."