Breakfast

Harry POV

Standing at the door I leaned against the doorframe with my arms crossed as I looked at Pebbles. She lied tangled in between my black comforter with her hair draped over her shoulder. So how I miraculously got her to wake up a couple of hours ago to change out of her wet, and dirt dress into a pair of my clean joggers and a jumper. Of course she made a fuss about her always putting on my clothes when she comes here, and of course I explained to her I didn’t mind, but in all reality I liked to see her in my clothes. I’ve never been a guy to let the girls I was talking to wear my clothes, and since I deliberately allowing Pebbles to wear my things said a hell of a lot. Footsteps approached behind me, but I didn’t turn around since I already knew who was walking up.

“Shouldn’t you be sleep?” I asked keeping my eyes locked on the bed.

“I should be asking you the same thing.” Says Liam walking around to stand in front of me. Glancing inside the room he says, “How is she?”

I nod, “Stable.” Running a hand through my hair, “She has only woken up once since she fell back to sleep 2 hours ago.”

“Nightmare?”

I nod.

“Figures, but who can blame her.” Tapping me on my shoulder I looked over at him as he says, “She call her brother?”

“Yeah, she sent him a brief text about how she was going to crash here for the night since her parent’s won’t be at home till the morning, and she knew he wasn’t coming straight back and she didn’t want to be alone.”

“And he bought that?”

I nod, “He trusts her.”

“Trust her enough to stay at her dude house, who for one not even a month ago he couldn’t stand to be in the room with?”

“She not like other girls,” looking back at her I say, “She’s different.”

“She’s a challenge.” Says Liam, “She doesn’t let anyone talk her into something that she doesn’t want to do.”

I nod with a slight smile, “My girl.”

“You think she is still going to be ‘your girl’ after you tell her about your past?” he asks crossing his arm.

I shrug, “I don’t know, but I know I can’t put it off anymore. With Ty and Rick pulling this shit I have to tell her and hope she believes that I’ve changed.”

“Have you?” Liam asked he tone filled with concern, “Because Nick told me how apparently you have been off the rails? How your anger is becoming more aggressive, and hell from what I seen at the game the other night I’m starting to worry.”

“Nick didn’t have no right saying anything.” I say with irritation.

“You’re right.” Liam simply, “Nick shouldn’t have said anything, you should’ve. Man me and you have been damn close since we first met up after you left the Rebels. I told you everything and you told me everything that how our shit works.” He shakes his head, “But it seems that ever since we got to this town and you met her,” he nodded his head towards Pebbles who was beginning to toss and turn again, “Shit hasn’t been really clear with us.”

“Liam,”

“Look I know, you got you a girl and I understand, but this pack comes first. I’m not Louis, and I will never be him, but I’d say that we’ve been cool ever since we met and that you trust me, right?”

“Right.”

“To be honest, this whole thing with her if iffy, fucking iffy. I don’t know what she is, or what in the hell she means to this pack, but I know this, I would jump in front of a bullet for you quicker than I would her, because your my best mate, and I don’t know her. Remember that.”