Followed

“Yes Char, I’ll see you in a bit to go to the camping store.” I say as I looked over the printer materials.

“You better! If I miss out on an airbed I swear I’m not going.” She says.

“You don’t have a choice, you know its worth credits.”

“Now see that’s bullshit! Who makes it a rule that you have to go camping for credits?

“Hey that’s the price we have to pay by living in a woodsy area.” I laugh.

“Yeah, yeah, whatever. I get out of practice in like an hour see you then?”

“Kay, see you then.” I smile as I hang up.

“Hey.”

Turning around I looked up to see a tall male standing behind me. As my eyes drifted up, familiar eyes found mine.

“Hey.” I say hesitantly as I stuck my phone in my pocket.

“We have got to stop meeting like this.” Says Rick as he reaches over me and grabs an ink cartage.

Today was the third Tuesday in the month which means that it was time for me to restock the sheriff office for supplies.

“I agree.” I say as I pick up a box of printer paper and sit it in my basket.

“So how are you?” he asks.

“I’m good and you?”

He nods, “I’m great.” Leaning against the shelves he says, “I never knew you were into racing.”

I looked at him, “I’m not.”

“You’re not? Then why were you at the tracks?”

I shrug, “A friend brought me.”

“Oh really?” Leaning towards me he says, “And who is your friend.”

A dark shadow that mirror the one from the night I ran into him at the tracks covered him again as chill ran through me.

“Didn’t you ask me that already?” I ask as I leaned down and grabbed a package of ink.

“Yeah, but I don’t remember you answering.” He says.

“I didn’t feel like I needed to.”

“And why is that?”

“Because I don’t know you.” I say simply.

“You do.” He says, “Oh Anna,” he coos with a accents, “You do.”

I went and took a step back.

“Is there a problem?” he asks.

“Is there a reason you’re so close?”

He smirks, “You’re a pretty girl and I’m just trying to get to know you.”

“That’s nice, but I’m not interested.”

“Not yet, at least.” He says as he moves closer.

Moving back I went to turn, when I realized I was at a dead end.

Shit I thought as he walked closer.

I contemplated on grabbing a display printer at him when footsteps approached and someone cleared their throat. A familiar warmth crept up my spine as I looked up and met his gaze.

------------------------- 

Harry POV

“Did you get the tents?” I ask as I leaned against my bike.