Lycanthropy (Part 2 of Lost)

Anna POV

With each step we took heading to Nick’s study, my heart throb and my hand tightened in Harry’s. Holding mine back with a firmness and giving me the reassurances that I was okay, made the air around me thin out more which helped me to calm. As we walked down the stairs to the basement heading past a room that looked like an exercise room, and past another room that looked like a weaponry my eyes widened as Harry gently pulled me through double doors. Inside the room set a huge desk, two chairs in front of it, rows and rows of books surrounded the walls. Stopping at the door, Harry stops in front of me, his hand tightening around mine.

“I want you to wait here.” says Harry.

I turned and looked up at him, “Where are you going?”

“To talk with Nick.” Stepping in front of me he tentatively takes my hand into his and says, “You’re weak.”

“As are you.”

He nods as he tilts my head up to face him more and says, “Rest, I’ll be back soon.”

Turning he went to leave as my hand shoots out and grabs his wrist. Stopping Harry turns back and looks at me.

“I’m scared.” I say softly.

He nods as he walks back and takes my face into his hand. Leaning down he brushes his lips against mine. Energy pours through me as my hands automatically went to his waist as I pulled him to me. The room shook, a harsh wind of air blew past up as we broke apart. His hands still held my face as my heart raced, and by the look on Harry’s face his way too.

“Harry!” I hear Nick yell.

“I’ve got to go.”

I nod as he runs his thumb in a circular motion on my cheek.

Turning he walks out the room, looks at me once more as he turns to leave.

Looking around the room I took in the scattered of books that were now on the floor. Running my hands through my hair I thought, “What in the hell is going on?”

Walking around the room I picked up books stacking them on Nick’s desk. I had just picked up a book that was titled, Lycanthropy.

Walking over to sit in the chair I opened the book as I ran my hand over the quote on the first page that was written in French.

Aux derniers les bons moreceaux

I read the words over and over trying to understand what it says, when a voice whispers, “The sweetest flesh is near the bone.”

I jumped in my seat and glanced around the windows were shut and the door was closed the only one here was me. I looked at the clock to see that it was barely noon. Rubbing the bridge of my nose, dizziness fell over me as I turned the page to continue reading,

Werewolves, also known as lycanthropes and Skin walkers, are legendary shape-shifting humans. As the name suggests, the shape these creatures take on is that of a wolf. The history of the werewolf legend has sprung up independently or spread to virtually every area of the Earth.

On the page were different drawings of what people believed what werewolves looked like. As I read down a paragraph caught my attention,

Throughout history there are records of the trials of confessed or accused werewolves. In fact, they were hunted, questioned and executed in much the same way witches were, because often witches were accused of also being werewolves. These so-called “Werewolf trials” give us a historical glimpse at rampant human belief in werewolves. Some of the accused were arrested because villagers needed someone to blame for dead livestock or some other explainable occurrence, but others were accused because of actions far more sinister and less likely to be contrived.