Breathless (Long)

French in the chapter

Revenez à moi - Come back to me

Mon Ange - My Angel 

“All done dad.” I say as I straighten out the stack of papers and sit them on his desk.

Today was Friday, the day before Harry’s race. I was excited considering that for the past week, I had been spending so much time with Harry. It started off with grabbing coffee, and just ended up hanging out by the streams in the woods or just going riding. Being with him felt right, it felt expected, and the fact that I felt comfortable around him made me like seeing him even more. 

Rubbing my eyes I blinked a few times as I looked up at my dad to see a faint soft blue light outlining his body. I blinked a few times trying to clear my head, to make them disappear, but it didn't. For some reason for the past few days, colors had been popping up, outlining everyone I saw and I didn’t know why. Looking up from a file he was reading I smiled as my dad smiles back and lifts up his glasses.

 “What am I going to do without you here?” he smiles, “I’m going to miss you being my assistant.”

“I showed your new assistant the ropes and gave her your to do list so things won’t fall behind. She’ll keep you on track, and you’ll barely remember that I worked here.”

“I doubt that, but thank you sweetpea,” he says, “You sure you don’t want to log in any more volunteer hours? You know I love to have you here.”

I shake my head, “No I do have a teen life to live, and I see you enough at home.”

Smiling he nods and says, “Fine, okay.”

I smiled as a familiar warmth crept up my spine as I looked at the clock and read that it was 15 minutes after 6, “Crap.” I say as I grab my stuff off the desk.

“What wrong?”

“My ride is here.”

“What ride?”

“Har-oooo.” I stopped, mid way through his name, as I closed my eyes.

“Har who?” asked my dad as he stands from his desk.

“A friend from school.” I say.

“Male or female?”

“Dad.” I groan as I stick my books into my backpack.

“Male or female? He asked again.

“Male.” I say as I turn towards him.

“Does he go to your school?”

I nod.

“Have I met him before?”

I shook my head, “I don’t think so.”

“Has your mother?”

I shook my head, “No, but she knows of him.”

“What about Daniel?”

I nod, “Their on the football team together.”

Dad nods, “And what is his name?”

“Dad, you’re not going to look him up are you?”

He shakes his head no, and says, “Of course I am. I need to know who my little girl is spending her time with.”

“You know I love that you’re a cop and all, but I have to admit it sucks sometimes as well.”