Lies

"Polly Fucking Anna!"

Shooting my head up, I dropped the turkey that was in my hands, as I look to my right to see that Liam stood there holding a bag of different colored cooking peppers.

"Is this what you wanted?" he asked as he sits the bag in the basket, "3 greens, 2 reds, and a yellow?"

I nod as I take the bag from him. Thanksgiving was tomorrow and school was out until next Monday. It had been a few days since we went to the tracks. A few days in which I'd been able to keep Harry occupied so he wouldn't ask me about what happened when he and that Elder guy was talking.

Picking up the turkey I'd just dropped I placed it back in the spot I picked it up from as I take out moms grocery list crossing off the peppers.

"Where is your head at?" Liam asked as he dug into my bag, taking out a apple as he rubs it on his shirt before taking a bite of it.

I shook my head, "Nowhere, I'm here."

"Then why are you zoning out?"

Rubbing my eyes I say, "I'm just tired."

"You been tired for days." He says.

"Since when do you pay attention to my wellbeing?"

"Since you started worrying Harry." He says as he looks around to the crowded store, "How in the hell did I get wrapped into shopping with you?"

I shrugged, "I was expecting Harry to show up at my door, not you." I looked at him, "No offense."

"None taken." Biting the apple he continues, "I rather him show up to do this shit, then I, because this is fucking boring. No offense."

"None taken."

Looking at my list Liam says, "What else do you have to get?"

"Well the ham and turkey here sucks so, I'll just have my dad pick one up on his way home."

"Or," Liam says lowering down as he whispers, "We can just go kill a bird for you, and a pig. There should be a farm nearby."

My stomach turned, "No thank you."

He shrugs, "Your lost."

With perfect timing, my back covered with warmth just as Liam says, "Thank god."

Looking up Harry walked up wearing a leather jacket, white shirt, and dark jeans. His hair was in a messy but neat bun as he walks up with his hands in his pocket.

"How's the shopping going?" he asks as he walks closer.

"Next time," Liam says, "I'm sending the emos to come play watcher." Smacking hands with Harry he looks back at me and says, "Catch you tonight Pollyanna."

I wave bye as Harry says, "Thank bro."

"Don't mention it." Liam says as he takes a bite of his apple and leaves.

"How much do you have left?" he asks.

I shake my head, "I'm done."

Looking in my basket he says, "Don't get me wrong, but don't you American's eat Turkey?"

I nod, "And Ham, but they aren't what my mom wanted so I'm going to get my dad to pick them up."

He nods, "Then let's get out of here. I want you to look at something for me."

I nod, "Okay, but what am I looking at?"

He winks as he says, "You'll see."

My cheeks redden as he places a hand on my cheek, tilting my face up to his. Brushing his lips against mine, heat ran through me as he pulls back and takes my list as he turns and begins pushing my basket to the front of the store.