étincelles

French meaning for the title is Sparks

“Anna,” says Miss Jackson as I walk into the class.

“Yes?” I say.

“Have you heard from Harry?”

I shook my head.

“Hmmm, he has missed class all of this week. Usually he is here or would stop by, but lately he hasn’t even done that.”

I shrug, “I haven’t heard from him see the weekend. I saw a friend of his on Monday, he said that Harry was ill.”

She nods, “I received and email from his guardian a couple of days ago saying that one of his boys would pick up his work so he wouldn’t fall behind.”

“Which boy did he says would pick it up?”

Picking up her tablet she says, “Liam, Liam Payne.”

I laughed, “Liam doesn’t even come on this side of the school, so I highly doubt he would pick it up.”

Miss Jackson shakes her head as she says, “If I make a packet for him, do you think that you can take it to him?”

“I uh,”

“It’ll mean a lot to me, considering that it is work that is needed for you group work.”

I sighed as I said, “Uh, sure, I’ll head over there after school.”

“Great, I’ll have the packet ready for you by the end of class.”

Nodding I say, “Okay,” as I look back down at my paper to finish sketching.

It had been a week since I last seen Harry in my backyard, and about a couple of days since I say his crew at school. I wanted to call him, I felt like I needed to, but every time I picked up my phone to call, something told me not to so I stopped. Pinching the bridge of my nose I took a deep breath trying to regain focus on what I was drawing. It was supposed to be of a typical house, but it was turning out to look more like a cabin, a cabin that looked familiar.

The end of class bell rung as Miss Jackson hands me a dark green folder, “Thanks you again Anna.”

I nod, “No problem.” As I clean up my drawing stuff, grab my bag, as I head out.

Leaving straight from the class I could spot Taylor out the corner of my eye, and I didn’t feel like dealing with her today so I turned going down the opposite way and headed to the parking lot.
A handful of students were scattered in the parking lot, some were leaving for the day, and some were grabbing there sporting gears. Making a beeline for my car I tossed my stuff to the back and hopped in.

-----------------

I hadn’t remembered exactly were Harry lived, yet I hadn’t exactly forgot. I could remember land marks, not road names, and the close it was that I drove to his house, the more warmth seemed too crept down my spine. I still hadn’t realize why that happened, but when I actually thought about it, it only seemed to happen when Harry was near, which I thought was completely weird. Pulling up into huge driveway I parked behind what I assumed was Lily’s red car and got out. Grabbing the dark green folder I closed my car door and stared at the house, the place was huge. Walking to the door I glanced over to the fountain as I headed towards the door. Taking a deep breath I knocked 4 times, and waited.

A minute passed and when there was no answer, I knocked again.

A couple minutes passed and there was still no answer.

Giving up I went to turn and walk do the steps when I hear something.

“Hello?” I called out.