Bientôt

“No!” I screamed as the fire began creeping into my room.

Jumping up I ran from my bed to my balcony. “Come on!” I yelled as I pulled at the side door. Not budging I looked around the room searching for ways out, but just like always I was trapped.

Wake up Anna. Says a voice.

Looking around I searched for him. He had to be here he was always here.

Anna wake up! yells the voice again as I looked up at the door.

Standing there in the fire he stood with his arms crossed leaning smugly against the doorframe.

“Are you just going to lay there and get burned?” he asked, voice ruggish and faint.

“I can’t get out!” I yelled as I backed into the wall.

“You can.”

“How?!”

“Its simple.” He says as he steps through the fire into my room. With his face hidden in a shadow he says, “All you have to do is close your eyes and wake up.”

“I can’t!” I yelled.

“Anna do it. Wake up!” he yells as the flames began licking the ground a few feet from me.

Closing my eyes I forced myself to wake up. Flames licked at my feet as I felt myself drifting back to my body. Jumping up in the bed I pushed my blanket off me as I glanced around the room.

------------------ 

Looking around I took in my room and sighed as I stood up walking to the window. Opening the double doors that lead to my balcony I let the cool night air blow past me as I looked out to the woods. The moon, which was full tonight, sat high, as it beamed down along with the stars shinning a dim lighting over the pure blackness that lead out into the long stream of trees that’s covered the area. I took a few breaths as I sighed. This is getting insane. I thought as I looked up to the sky. Within the past month of me starting back to school my dreams seemed to take a terrifying turn where it was harder and harder for me to pull out of. Something told me that I should just tell my parents that it was happening again, but with what happened before, I wasn’t about to look like the towns freak again. It was just a dream is what I kept saying over and over in my head as I pushed my damped hair from my forehead. Hearing the leaves down below, blowing I looked down to see a tall shadow standing there looking at me with piercing bright eyes that reminded me of the moon above.

“Hello? Is somebody there?” I called down.

The leaves crunched and blew in the wind as the moon like eyes disappeared back into the darkness. Wrapping my arms around myself I shivered, as I stepped back inside and closed the door. Locking it I went back to my bed as a knock came upon my door.

“Shrimp you up?” asks Danny in a low whisper.

“Yeah.” I said as I pulled my covers over my legs.

Opening my door Danny walked in with nothing, but his sweatpants on. “You okay?” he asked.

I nodded, “Yeah why?”

“I heard you outside, is everything fine?”

I nodded again as I say, “I thought someone was down by the trees, but I guess I was imagining it.”

“You sure?” he asked as he walks over to my balcony.

“Yeah, it was probably just a coyote or something.”