The Fall (Long)

I'm Back!!!! xxTorrie

“Anna!” called Daniel as he walked into the house.

“In the kitchen.” I called to him.

Pulling out more cookie dough from the fridge I placed it on the counter as Daniel walks into the kitchen, “You’re back early.”

“I left my running shoes and had to come back.”

“Oh well I think mom put them in the front closet.”

“Okay I’ll check, but Anna why didn't you tell me that Taylor has been messing with you.”

“Because it wasn't that big of a deal.”

“Shrimp she bought up the fire that is a big deal.”

Placing the batch of cookies I just took out on a platter I say, “It’s whatever.”

“Why didn't you tell me Anna?”

“Because I don’t want you saying anything, if I would have told you she said something then you would have confronted her, thus letting her know that it is true.”

“But I would have stopped her. Damn it Anna you know that I don’t like when people bring that up.”

“You don’t like it because it gives you a bad rep for being related to a crazy person.”

“That’s not what I meant.”

“But it’s the truth.”

Leaning against the counter he says, “I don’t care how that makes me look, if somebody else brings that up I want you to call me okay.”

I nodded.

“Shrimp I’m serious.”

“Alright, alright, if somebody brings it up again, I’ll call you.”

“Thank you.” looking at the counter he says, “It’s 9am why are you baking cookies?”

“Ashton asked me to make him some for his dessert potluck at one.”

“Swim teams have potluck?”

I shrugged, “Heck if I know. I doubt it, they usually pick a random day every few practices and have the team mate bring in the snacks of their choice.”

“And he decided on your cookies?”

“Apparently they have been a big hit to all the other teams that he had me bake them for.”

Grabbing a cookie from the platter Daniel takes a bite as he says, “You make damn good cookies so I have to agree that they are a fan favorite.”

I smiled, “Don’t you have practice?”

He nods, “Yeah I’m heading back out now. You still have your art trip today?”

I nod, “It’s at 6.”

“Okay well I gotta head out.”

“Have fun.”

Grabbing him a few more cookies he says, “You too.”

I went to turn, but stopped as I grabbed my side and flinched.

“You okay?” ask Daniel stopping at the door.

I nodded as I took a few breaths.

“Your side still hurting?”

I nod, “I have no idea why though, I haven’t done anything.”

“Maybe you pulled something when you stretched to go running.”

I shook my head, “I doubt it.”