Something New

"Anna! Can you come here for a second?" Call Dad from downstairs.

"Here I come!" I call back as I pull my shirt on and walk out the room and downstairs.

Rounding the corner I walked straight to my dad office as I knock on the door that was slightly ajar.

"Come in," he says.

Pushing the door open, I saw him standing there at his desk fully dressed in uniform with a worried look on his face.

Holding a phone to his ear eh motions me to wait a minute.

"Yes, yes," he says into the phone, "No I'm about to speak to my daughter." There was a pause, "Marks I understand what's happening but right now my daughter is my priority."

I looked at him and raised a brow.

"Okay, put an APB on the car then call county and get them to call Ms. Carry, I'll be there in 15 minutes."

Watching Dad do a few nods he hangs up the phone as he looks at me.

"Dad? What's going on?"

"What are your plans tonight?" He asked.

I shook my head, "Nothing," I say, "I was staying in."

"And Daniel is out at Carter's."

I nod, "Weekly fantasy football match." He nods as I say, "Dad what's going on, and why are you calling animal control?"

"How do you know I'm calling animal control?"

"Ms. Carry was the one who came and tried to take Wolfy once I started taking care of him after he was injured."

"Right," he says and he shakes his head and runs a hand down his face, "I forgot about that."

"Dad what's bothering you?"

Looking at a folder on his desk for a second he says, "There was an attack on a couple, witnesses says they seen what looked like a wolf or coyote after the fact."

I watched him for a moment, "What else?"

"What else?"

I nod, "Something else is bothering you, you got that whole there is more to the story look on your face."

Dad smirks and says, "I don't know if I should be happy that you know me so well or a little worried."

Folding my arms I smiled as I say, "What seems off in the case?"

"I'm not having police talk with my teenage daughter."

"It's not police talk," I say, "Think of it as an insight from a fellow community person."

"Community person?"

I nod.

He laughs, "Sweetheart what am I going to do with you?"

"Buy me to ticket and fly me out to California for Coachella with Charlotte and Ashton next year?"

"Not happening."

I groan as I say, "Fine, but tell me what's on your mind."

"This attack seemed like a set up."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean the details involving this was too precise and clean cut. The attack was preplanned and the animal that attack, was ordered to do it."

"How do you know?"

He shakes his head, "There were over a dozen people where the couple was and only that couple was attacked."

"You think that there a motive."