"Stay Away From Harry."

French in this Chapter

Esprit de loup or Loup esprit - Spirit wolf

Sitting in the doctor’s office I starred at the tacky wallpaper as I pulled at the cuffs of my sweater. I hated doctor’s office, I hated it as much as I hated that rule where it is wrong to wear white after Labor Day. Looking around I counted the circles that was plastered up and down the wall. I had gotten up to 50 when the door opened.

“Annabelle Aconite?”

Looking up I looked over at my mom as she nods. Standing I walked over to where the receptionist stood and went inside.

“Well isn’t this just a pleasure.” Says Doctor Shepard as I walked in. “With how much of an hassle have to go through with to see you at school I would have never thought that you would come to my office willingly.”

Sitting across from him in a huge black chair I said, “I’m not here for me.”

“Oh really?” he says as he pushes his glasses up on his face, “And who are we here for?”

I rolled my eyes, “My mom thinks that I need to talk or that you need to prescribe something, to you know fix my head.”

He nods, “Your mother called this morning. Apparently you had an episode?”

Crossing my arms I leaned back in the sit and took a deep breath, “I didn’t have an episode, it was,”

Someone knocked twice at the door as Doctor Shepard motioned me to pause, “Come in.”

The door opened and my mom stuck her head in.

“Mrs Aconite, it’s a pleasure.” Doctor Shepard smiles.

“Same to you.” She looks at me than at the Doctor, “Sorry to interrupt but one of my coworkers is ill and I have go in today.”

“Great!” I exclaimed as I stood up, grabbing my purse, “It was so nice to see you today, but we’re going to,”

Cutting me off my mom says, “Oh no sweetheart you’re staying. Your father is on the field today, so I called Daniel to pick you up.”

“Mom.” I rolled my eyes.

“It’s either Daniel picks you up or one of the deputies at the station. Your choice.”

“Fine,” I sigh, “I’ll call Danny when I’m finish.”

Walking over to me she kisses my cheek as she bids her goodbyes and leave.

“Now,” says Doctor Shepard, “Where were we?”

I bite my lip and looked at the clock. I was so over today.

-------------------- 

My appointment with Doctor Shepard took 2 hours, in which I just pissed him off by answering everything with a question. I’m guessing around the time when I started reciting quotes from Nightmare on Elm street to him, is when he had just had enough with me.

“I want to see you 2 days every week.” Says Doctor Shepard.

“Sorry I’m busy.” I say.

“I wasn’t asking, I was informing you. I want to see you either twice a week on your lunch breaks at school or you come here.”

“Mmmm, can I pass?”

He shakes his head, “Annabelle, your parents are very worried about you.”

“I don’t know why, there isn’t anything to worry about.”

“Then what do you explain you waking up screaming, last night?”