Silver Lining

Chapter 124

“So let me get this straight,” says Charlotte as we grab a smoothie from one of the carts at the mall. “You’ve been having a dream about some psychotic burnt bitch and you’ve been dreaming about Harry?

I nod.

Popping a cheese ball in her mouth she says, “Now what’s wrong with that?”

“Have you not been listening?”

“I heard everything you said I just still don’t understand why you are so interested in Harry, I mean has something happened between you two. Something I that I don’t know about?”

I shook my head laughing as I say, “You haven’t been listening.”

“I am, I swear I have!” she laughs as he link her arm with mine.

“Whatever.” I say.

Walking down through the mall we mostly window shopped, but stopped as I saw the perfume stand was having a sale.

“Didn’t we just come here two weeks ago?” says Charlotte.

“Yeah, but there is nothing wrong with having too much smell goods.”

“With you, yes there is.”

“Oh hush, I’ll buy you something.”

Charlotte smiles as she says, “Well why didn’t you say that?” moving over to look at the collection I went right to what my mother called my signature scent, SHALIMAR by Guerlain. For as long as I could remember I always adored the Vanilla scent that it gave off. When I was little my mother use to say that it was a perfume that you wear in the evening when you’re going out, but I didn’t care, I always made sure to spray a couple of sprits before I walked out the house.

“How much for this?” I asked the Cashier.

“Hmmm, 65.99.” she says.

Nodding I dug into my wallet pulled out a $100 dollar bill and hand it to her.

“You got what you want yet Char?” I call out to her.

“Yeah, here I come.” She says as she grabs a fruit scented bottle from the stand and hands it to the lady.

“Champaign?” I ask.

She nods, “You know I like that sweet fruity scents.”

I laugh, “Yeah I know.”

Ringing up both our orders the lady says, “Your total will be 86.93.”

I nod as I pick up the bag, “Sounds good.” Handing Char her bag I say, “Keep the change.”

“Are you sure?” she ask.

“Yeah Ann you sure?” ask Charlotte.

I nod, “Positive,” turning to the cashier I say, “Have a nice day.”

The Cashier smiles as Charlotte says, “See Ann that is why were different. You’re too nice.”

“You need to try being a little nicer.”

“Why?”

“Because being nice is good.”

“Being nice gets you nowhere.”

“That’s not true.”

“Yes it is, let’s use Taylor as an example.”

I roll my eyes.

“You’ve been nice since day one when you first met her, and look were that has gotten you. She still tries to make your life a living hell, and for what? Because she thinks you’re the reason why Danny wouldn’t go out with her?”