Girls in White

"It was scary." Charlotte says as her and Ashton sit on the bleachers. "At first the woman was alright, then the next thing you know she was on the ground."

This was Charlotte's 8th time going over the story and the more she told it, the more my stomach became unsettled. It had been just 2 days since Linda, the tarot card reading, fainted.

2 days

And somehow the topic became the main discussion in our school and in our small town. I sat off to Charlotte and Ashton's far right distancing myself from the group that was starting to form around them, as I studied. It was after school and the boys were prepping for another away game. As I looked up from my notebook I glanced at the field to see Harry and Daniel talking as if they were discussing a game play. Sometimes I honestly forgot that Harry was even on the team, and when I remembered I reminded myself that I don't be around Harry 24/7 so I didn't know what he did in his spare time, and it wasn't like I asked Daniel, "Oh did Harry come to practice today?"

Watching them run a game play for a few minutes, I turned back to taking notes about Greek Myths and Legends.

"Anna: I hear some say as I look up to see Luke, Lily, Angel, and Calum walking up.

"Hey." I smiled as they come and sit next to me.

"She still milking her attention?" asked Lily as she nods in Charlotte's direction.

"People are curious to what happened, and she's willing to tell, whereas I just personally want to forget the whole thing." I say.

"Then tell her that." says Angel.

I shook my head, "Her telling people isn't bothering me."

"Well it's bothering me." says Lily.

I shake my head and smile as I look up to Calum, "How's your second day of school going?"

"Good," he says, "I have a few classes with your friend Ashton. He tells me he's a musician."

I nod as Angel says, "He is, don't let the shaggy hair, and his California surfer looks fool you."

"Cool." Says Calum.

Looking up I catch Angel looking over at Ashton with adoration in her eyes as I say, "How does that work?"

"How does what works?" asked Luke.

"The whole schooling thing? I mean if you are only human for a full moon and special occasions with the moon, I mean how do you get your studies done without falling behind?"

"We home studies, since it's never specifically said how long we stay human, and how long we stay as a wolf. Yes, during training we shift back to being normal, but throughout that time we can turn back and forth sporadically." Says Calum.

"And how long does that happen for?" I asked.

"Depends on when the gene is first activated." Says Angel.

"And how is it activated?" I asked.

They all shrug, "There could be a million different way, the moon, a spell, a death, something life altering, a serious injury, and so on and so forth." Says Lily.

"But the most common ways are if there is a shift in power at play within the packs or murder." Says Luke.

I looked at him as Calum says, "How's the whole element thing going?"

"It's fine, there was never anything wrong with it. Not until Nick offset." Looking back at Luke I say, "What do you mean murder?"

"I still can't believe we missed it." Says Angel, obviously trying to change the subject.