My Slice of Heaven

Another Updat because I've been MIA :D Enjoy! xxTorrie

French Words Used In This Chapter

nous n'avons pas de mal le banal - "We Don't Harm The Mundane (humans)"

Sanglante Soif - Bloody Thirsty

Mon Ange - My angel

--

There was a small waterfall fountain in the middle of the walkway with a small cabin behind it. On the sides sat 2 white benches. Walking towards the fountain I was mesmerized by how sparkly the water looked. Sticking my hand under where the water fell at I looked down to see that the pond was filled with different size and colors of rocks.

"What is this place?" I asked as I stuck my hand into the rocks and picked one up.

"I come here, when I need to think, to get things straight in my head, or when I just want to be alone." He says walking to my side.

"This is your spot?"

He nods, "A few years ago I had built it."

I looked up at him, "A few years ago? But I thought this was your first year here."

He shakes his head, "Come sit, I want to explain."

Nodding I held onto the sliver rock in my hand as I walked over to the closes white bench to me.

Sitting Harry sat next to me as he says, "Centuries ago my kind traveled from England to the states to adapt to a new surrounding because our kind was beginning to multiply too much and we needed to expand more out in the world then just in the United Kingdom. With each Pack populating at about 200-300 per pack, Pack leaders sat down and had picked and choose who was able to come state side and who was to stay back. Out of at least 30 different packs my pack, was one of the many who was sent to the states. For years we have bounded and mixed with the mundane here. We have become great friends with many, and have lived amazing lives, until about the late 1600s."

"What happened?"

Harry takes a breath, "We have this code, nous n'avons pas de mal le banals." He says in french, "Which means "We don't harm the mundane". Or as you may call, humans."

"Why call humans mundane?"

"Because some humans lack interest and excitement of the great world out there in the unknown." He says as he runs a hand through his hair, "Our code is a rule that we live by and if we don't we will have to face a punishment, that can and most likely leads to death."

"So what happened in the 1600s then?"

He sighs, "In the 1600s, rebel pack members who had, enough of going by the rules decided that they were going to start things by their own rules, and not by the packs. This lead to them, acting out and which eventually lead to them to become killers. See we aren't the wolves that you might read about or see in movies, in order for us to survive we have to consume some type of blood whether animal or,"

"Human." I say softly as he nods and looks ahead.

"We don't have to kill them in order to get what we need to survive, but what we have to do scars then for life which is why we refrain from doing so. But the pleasure that comes with the rush of attacking a human is more thrilling then having a deer, or a mountain lion."

"How does that even work?" I ask finding myself, both frightened yet interested, "Do you just bite down on someone's leg, sucking them dry?"

Harry looks at me and shakes his, "I'm a wolf, Pebbles. Not a vampire."