Rodeo Drive

Sitting in the coffee shop I ran my hand over the back of my neck as I ask, “Is it just me or is it warm in here?”

Ashton shakes his head as he says, “No it’s just you.” Looking down at his paper he looks up and back down as he does a double take. “Since when did those two get so close?” he asks as he glances over my shoulder.

Turning around and following his gaze outside the window behind us I look to see Harry standing across the street with Taylor, his arm was around her waist as she stood close to him pointing at a dress through the window. “Hell if I know.”

Ashton shrugs as he looks down and we continued our homework.  

“Hey.” says Carter.

Looking up from talking to Ashton I smiled, “Hey.”

“Everything good? Any refills?”

I nodded as I held up my coffee, “I’m good.”

He smiles, “Good, so tonight I’m picking you up after the game?”

I nodded, “That’s the plan.”

“You sure you don’t want to come and watch the game with your brother and us?”

I shook my head, “No I think I’m going to stay away from football games right now.”

“Okay well I’ll swing at after 8?”

“I’ll be home.”

He smiles and taps his hand on the table as he says, “Sup Ashton.”

“Sup.” Says Ashton as he looks back down at his IPad.

Smiling at me once more Carter turns as he walks back over to the register taking coffee orders.

“Well you two seem to be getting cozy.” Says Ashton.

“What do you mean?” I ask.

“This is what your 3rd date in two weeks?”

I shrugged, “Maybe.”

A concerned look crossed Ashton’s face as I say, “What’s wrong?”

Shaking his head he says, “Nothing.”

I looked at him for a second as Charlotte walks in.

“There you are, I was beginning to worry.” I say.

“Yeah sorry, community service took longer than usual.” She says not hiding her irritation.

“What you’re not having fun with Deputy Marks?”

“No! I only signed up to be closer to Deputy Stevens and he is always out.”

“Maybe that’s because he is an field officer and not a desk officer.” Says Ashton.

“Annadoll do you think you can please ask you dad to let me have a few hours on the field, I’ll promise to stay out of the way if something happens.”

“Isn’t that the reason that he has you two doing desk work in the first place, so you won’t be there if something was too happened on the field?”  ask Ashton.

“You know sometimes I hate the fact that you are able to even open your mouth to produce words.” Says Charlotte.

“I’ve heard it before, and like before I don’t give a damn.” Says Ashton.

To stop the argument that was beginning I say, “Yeah I’ll ask him tomorrow.”

She nods as she pick up my coffee and drinks it, “You and Carter still going to dinner or whatever tonight?”