Falling Star (Part 2 Long)

The first beginning of dinner was relaxing, we laughed as Dad talked about stuff that happened at the station today. In-between eating and laughing Harry's leg would bump into mine making me look up at him to be greeted with a smile. Somewhere through the dinner my leg ended up resting alongside Harry's when my dad says,

"So Harry."

Moving his lemonade from his lips he says, "Yes sir?"

"So how do you like it here?"

Harry shrugs as he says, "I like it, it's different from when I was little."

"You use to leave here?" asked mom.

Harry nods, "I had family who stayed in the flat I'm in now."

"Are they still there?" asked mom.

Harry shake his head, "No they moved away but kept the property."

She nods as Dad says, "Anna tells me that you are a really good football player, how many years have you played before?"

"It's been on and off since I was little. I use to play the sport with my dad."

"That's how Daniel got into the game." I say.

"You're a big football fan?" asked Harry.

Dad nods, "Played it as a community sport, then in high school, and eventually I played it in college before I went off to the police academy."

"Why didn't you just try to go pro?" asked Carter.

"I thought about it, but at the time I had just proposed to Meredith and was planning on settling down and starting a family. I really couldn't see myself leaving her a lot to do pro football."

"So you gave up your dreams to be with the one you loved?" asked Harry.

Dad nods as he looks up at Mom, "Yes, and I wouldn't change my decision for anything."

I smiled as Harry took my hand and says, "I think that's sweet."

"Me too." I say.

Raising his beer to his mouth dad takes a drink as he says, "So Harry what attracted you to my daughter."

"Dad." I say as he shakes his head.

"I just want to see what his attentions are, considering how not to long ago I could faintly remember you telling your mother how you liked Carter, and then all of a sudden I hear about Harry."

"Things change." I say as I looked at Carter, "So do people."

"I didn't change." Says Carter.

"Well you're not the person who I met a few years ago."

"That's called growing up Anna."

"No that's called being a douche Carter."

"Douche? I think that's a harsh word."

"Well I would've used something else but I'm trying to be considerate of the fact my parents are sitting here."

"Pebbles,"

"Douche is still a harsh word, considering that you are treating him like a saint."

"Harry hasn't done anything to you, beside knock your ego down a whole lot."

Carter snorts sarcastically, "Not possible."

"Now this is supposed to be a nice dinner, so why don't we go back to table discussion." Says Dad, "Now Harry, how do you like school down here?"