Movie Date (Long)

Waking up this morning I was all too excited to get to school. Today was the day that I was supposed to go riding with Harry, after school. So after showering I made sure, to put on a simple pair of black skinny jeans, a white tank top covered with an off the shoulder, sweater and boots. I tied my hair up into a neat ponytail, and even put on a little eye liner and mascara, but my happiness soon was toned all the way down from it being an awesome Monday, to it being another boring Monday. Because as soon as I pulled into the parking lot I was stopped by Lily and Luke.

“Hey Anna.” Smiles Lily as she walks up to me.

“Hey Lily.” I smile as I look at Luke, “Hey Luke.”

Nodding his head towards me he smiles as he looks over my shoulder and back to me.

“What’s up?” I ask, pulling my books from the backseat.

“We came to tell you that Harry, isn’t coming today.”

“He’s not?”

She shook her head, “Yeah, he wasn’t feeling well this morning so he said to tell that you that he was sorry. That he’ll make up his half of the project do today, when he feels better.”

I started to ask, “What project?” but I figured that he hadn’t told them about his plans to hang out with me today. Go figure. So nodding I say, “Oh okay. Tell him not to worry about it, that I hope he feels better.”

She nods and says, “Okay.” Before her and Luke turn to leave.

Grabbing my bag, I closed my door as I headed into the school.

“Hey Annabelle!” called Carter as I walked up the stairs.

“Hey Carter.” I smiled.

“How’ve you been?” he asked.

“Good, and you?”

He nods, “Good.”

Opening the door for me he says, “You busy after school?”

I shook my head, “No, why?”

“Well,” he said walking next to me, “I was wondering if you’d like to go see a movie at the theater on Woodruff, you know the one that shows movies that have already come out, just on a big screen.”

“I know what theater you’re talking about.”

“Great, so does that mean you’ll go?”

Looking at Carter he flashes that award winning smile of his, reminding me why I had a crush on him in the first place. “No short cuts?”

He laughs, “No, no short cuts. Main streets with lights, and my car is tuned up, so it won’t be a problem.” Smiling he says, “So what do you say?

Nodding I say, “Sure.”

“Great.” He says, “I get out of Practice at like 6? I’ll go home shower and pick you up about 7ish?”

I nod, “Sounds good.”

“Can I escort you to first period?”

I smile, “Of course you can, I mean you do have the same class.”

He laughs, “I’m trying to be a gentlemen.”

“I know.” I say as we walk to class.

------------- 

“Yo Shrimp!” yelled Daniel at lunch as I headed to my original table.

“Hey Danny.” I say.