Gem

“Hey.” Says Carter as he catches up to me in the hallway.

“Hey.” I say as I flip through the papers in my hand.

“I haven’t seen you in the past few days.”  He says.

“Really? You must haven’t look.”

“Why do you say that?”

“Because,” I say as I stop at my locker, “I’ve past you a few times over the past two days.”

“Really?” he says, “I didn’t know.”

I smile as I open my locker, ”What’s up?”

“Your brother and a few of the teammates are going to Sonny’s ice cream parlor after school and I was wondering if you wanted too,”

“No.”

Turning around Liam stood there with Harry, leaning against the lockers behind me.

“Excuse me?” says Carter.

“Oh you’re excused.” Says Liam.

Carter looks at me and at the boys as he says, “I’ll call you later?”

I nod, “Okay.”

Starring at Harry and Liam, Carter turns and walks down the hall.

“So Pollyanna,” starts Liam as I cut him off.

“Look it’s not that I don’t mind having you pop up at random times,” I stopped, “No wait that’s a lie, I do mind, but can you guys maybe stop acting like douchebags?”

“Well hello to you too.” smiles Harry.

“What do you two want?” I asked as I put a book in my locker.

“Why do you think that we want something?” ask Liam.

“I don’t know maybe because you just ran off the guy I was talking too, very rudely I might add.”

Harry smirks as Liam says, “Trust me, getting rid of coffee boy was a good thing. Actually you should be thanking us.”

“For what?” I asked.

“For saving you from getting too attached. Mate is an ass.” Says Liam.

“Oh yeah and how do you know?”

Crossing his arms Liam says, “Because I do.”

“If he is ass then what does that make you?”

Liam smiles, “Good looking.”

Closing my locker I faced them completely as I say, “Okay what do you want?”

The bell rings as Liam looks at Harry and nods. Looking back at me Liam says, “Catch you later Pollyanna.”

Watching him walks down the hall Harry cleared his throat as he says, “We’re going to be late you know.”

“Late for what?”

“Class.” he smiles as the halls began to feel with students.

Closing my locker I turned and headed down the halls. Me and Harry didn’t speak the whole way for class, but he stopped a few times to talk to students before he caught back up with me.

------------ 

“Nice to finally have you back in class Mr. Styles.” Says Miss Jackson as we walked in and sat down.

“Nice to be back, Miss J.” he says as he pulls his chair out, turning it backwards as he sits down.

“Are you feeling all better?”