The rope

Phil dived into the cupbord in the corner of his room in a desperate search for his rope.

He bought the rope a few years ago to tie bits together when he and Dan were moving house. Suddenly all the happy memories of him and Dan came back to him. He smiled for a moment before the memories of that evening pushed the happy ones out of his mind.

He held up the rope and tugged on one end. It was definitely strong enough.

He sat on his bed and tied a noose, he remembered exactly how to do it from teenage research. He had felt like this before, but this time the urge was stronger. He knew there was no other way.

He held up the noose and examined his handy work. He smiled to himself, content in the knowledge that it would all be over soon.

He walked over to the centre of the room and placed the rope under the light fitting before heading over to his desk to grab his chair.

Adrenaline pumping through his veins, he climbed up on the chair and attached the rope to the light fitting, pulling on it to make sure it would suport his weight.

This is it.

He carfully placed the noose around his neck. It fit perfectly.

He took a deep breath, tears rolling down his face. He knew he had to do this before he changed his mind. "On the count of three" he sighed to himself.

"1..."

Dan stood up from his seat, wondering what all the noise coming from his friends room was.

"2..."

He headed over to Phils door and knocked. "Phil? Are you ok?" he asked. There was no reply. "Phil?" he went to enter but found out the door was locked. His heart skipped a beat. "PHIL!" Dan called.

"3." Phil kicked the chair away, ignoring his friends desperate attemts to enter the room.

Dan heard the chair hit the wall. He knew what was happening.

"PHIL NO!" he yelled as he threw himself againt the door in an attemt to knock it down.

Again, he threw himself against the door, still having no luck.

Apon the third try, the door flew open revieling his best friend. Hanging.