breakfast

Dan got home at about 10 am. As he approached the front door he found it was open.

"Phil?" He called into the apartment.

"Dan?" He replied.

"Phil, are you okay? The front doors open," Dan asked as he placed the shopping bags down on the side.

"Im fine, I took the rubbish out, I guess I forgot to close the door properly..." He muttered.

"Okay..." Dan sighed a sigh of relief. "I bought breakfast anyway! Chocolate croissants and some good coffee, I'll bring some through to your room if you like?" Dan smiled.

"That would be nice! We could have a pyjama day? Stay in bed and watch movies?" Phil suggested.

Dan agreed and started to prepare the breakfast as Phil headed back to bed.

Shoving the ring box in his back pocket with his good hand, Dan headed through to the bedroom.

"Five minutes until the foods ready," Dan smiled. "Do you want your coffee now? I can only carry one through at a time without spilling them," Dan laughed, waving his plastered arm about.

"I dont mind, whatevers easiest for you," Phil smiled. "The doctor said I shouldnt drink high caffeine drinks anyway so..." Phil trailed off.

"Its okay, I bought decaff," Dan smiled. "I'll go get yours."

Dan headed back to the kitchen and picked up a mug and made a cup of

coffee.

He sighed. Now he'd bought the ring, he was really nervous. He knew Phil would say yes, it was his idea! He just wanted it to be perfect.

He decided now wasnt the time. He wanted to wait.

He hid the ring in the drawer and locked it before picking up the coffee and taking it through to Phil.

"Here you go, should we eat in here?" He smiled, setting the coffee down next to Phil.

"Yeah? I can put a movie on?" Phil smiled.

"Okay? I was thinking we could go for a walk later,its really nice out!" Dan smiled back.

"Okay? Where were you thinking of going?" Phil asked.

"We could go and get ice cream? The south bank maybe? We could go on the London Eye! You know, I've never been on it," Dan laughed.

"Me either! Good idea! We could head out when we've eaten? You should go get everything out the oven before it burns!" Phil pushed Dan off the end of the bed with his foot. Dan laughed and left the room.

***

"Dan I dont know what to wear," Phil called. "Its way to hot to wear jeans and a shirt but I dont want to go out without long sleeves, you know..." Phil trailed off.

"Wear your shorts? You could wear them with a t-shirt and a hoodie? Or my old black cardigan thing? You know which one," Dan smiled.

"I guess I could..." Phil sighed. "I might just go without, I mean, people know anyway... it's not like the cuts are ever going away, I mean, I'm going to have scars forever now and its not like I can hide them for the rest of my life... I dont know."

"But you dont have to show them off right now, I mean, if it makes you uncomfortable..." Dan smiled to reasure Phil.

"I guess..." Phil smiled back.

"Look, you could wrap bandages around them? That would hide them?" Dan suggested.

"I think I'll just wear my hoodie," Phil smiled.

"Okay, I'll call a cab, then we can leave as soon as you're ready," Dan left the room.

He found the ring box out of the drawer and shoved it in his pocket.

A/N ik my updates have been shitty atm but I promise the next one will be better (I hope...)