The Wait (part 2)

"I'm sorry." The doctor avoided eye contact. "We did everything we could. I'm so sorry."

Phil felt sick. It felt like everything around him had stopped, as if everything ceased to exist, because it did, Dan was his everything and now...

"Do more." He said. "Do more! Make him better! He cant be dead, he was talking to me. Do more!" Phil shouted.

Dans mum put her arm around Phil.

"Phil, hes gone," she sniffed through the tears.

"But he cant be! I didnt even tell him I loved him." He sobbed. "The last thing he said to me was that he loved me and I didnt say it back."

"Can I...can I see him?" Dans mum asked the doctor.

"I, I dont-"

  "Please. Hes my baby. I just want to see him." She wiped her eyes.

"Okay." The doctor opened the door and lead her away.

Phil looked at his feet. He felt angry. Hurt. Guilty. He kicked a near by vending machine, causing a nurse to call over to him. He sank to the floor and started to cry.

"Bad news?" She asked kindly.

"He's dead. He fucking died. I'm sorry, I just... I just want to hug him and tell him its okay but I cant. He's gone." He bawled.

"I'm sorry." She put her hand on Phils shoulder. "I really am."

Phil looked up and sighed. A woman walked passed carrying a bunch of lilies.  "We were going to have lilies at the wedding. We didnt want roses. They're too traditional. He doesn't like roses anyway." Phil sighed. "Hes really gone, isnt he?" Phil looked at the nurse.

"I'm sorry." She replied.

A/N im so sorry.