The Trends

“Morning!” Phil smiled.

Dan grunted and rolled over. “What time is it?” he asked.

“half 8 in the evening….” Phil laughed, Dan laughed too.

“Half eight!? Why didn’t you wake me up earlier!?” Dan giggled.

“Because you look so cute when you sleep!” Phil smiled.

Dan smiled too until he remembered the last convocation they had.

Phil noticed Dans sudden change in emotion. “Dan… about what I said last night… Can we just forget it?” He mumbled.

“Phil. This is a big deal! You have to tell the police!” Dan said, raising his voice slightly.

“I can’t Dan. Please just leave it. I’m ok anyway. If I told the police and he found me first…” Phil shuddered.

“But you could at least talk to someone about your feelings, you know… and they would help you get better!” Dan insisted.

“No. They would give me antidepressants. Oh wait.” Phil hissed. He notice the look in Dans eyes. He was only trying to help. “Look, I’m ok. Please… just forget it.”  Phil sighed. “Anyway… When can I start back at the radio? I miss it.” Phil said, changing the subject.

“Well… I uh… I got suspended.” Dan swallowed but his mouth was dry.

“Why!? Until when!? What happened?” Phil gasped.

“I… I had a breakdown… on air… I swore at a listener… I swore and I shouted and I cried and they don’t want me there Phil.” He felt the tears creeping up on him.

“Have they not emailed or phoned or something?” Phil questioned.

“Well… I don’t know… I haven’t been on the internet in about 2 months… I have been to worried…” He sighed.

“Well…” Phil said, jumping up to get his laptop. “We can fix that!” He said, turning it on and signing into Dans twitter. “Here,” he smiled.

Dan read through a few of his notifications. Most of them were about Phil. He scrolled down to see #PrayForAmazingPhil Was the number one UK trend.

Curious,  he clicked the link and read through a few posts.  

I hope phil gets better soon. Sending my love to his family and friends x

Im not in the phandom but I bet you all must be so worried, I hope phil recovers soon.

#prayforamazingphil has been trending for 2 months… you guys must really love him

Dan felt a tear fall down his cheak.

“Phil… you’re trending!” He smiled.

“What… Why?” Phil asked, looking over Dans shoulder and reading a few of the tweets. “Oh my god…” he smiled. “Wait… How do they know what happened?” he asked.

“Well… I… I said what happened on the radio. I didn’t mean to! It just came out! I’m so sorry.” Dan sighed.

“No… its fine…I should let them know I’m ok.” Phil said, reaching for where he usually keeps his phone, then remembering it was stolen. “Oh… my phone was stolen…” He sighed, looking at the floor.

“You can have your laptop, here,” Dan said as he clicked send.

Phil read the tweet back.

I know I haven’t been online in forever but I have been looking after Phil. I thought you should know hes home now and hes recovering fast!

Phil smiled. He clicked on the trends to see what he had missed before noticing #GetPhanOnTheRadio was 9th trend. He clicked to see what it was and surely enough, it was a campaign to get their regular Sunday show back!

“Dan look!” Phil called.

Dan read through the tweets to see one from @BBCR1: Dan and Phil will have their regular show back as soon as they are ready so don’t fret!

Dans heart skipped a beat. Was he really allowed back?

He grabbed his laptop and searched through his emails and surely enough, there was one from Al.

Dan,

 I am so happy to let you know you have your show back as soon as you want! Please don’t rush back if youre not ready. We have you covered! Just let me know when you can come in and I will sort everything out for you!

 -Al

He clicked reply and typed:

Al,

 Thank you so much and im so sorry I didn’t get back sooner!

Phils home now and hes resting up. We would be so happy to come back! Would January be too late?

-Dan

“January!?” Phil argued,

“Hey don’t read over my shoulder! That’s rude! And yes. Its nearly Christmas and you need to rest so I thought January would be best for both of us!” Dan smiled before sinking into the internet position with Phil.