Time

Bang

The look of relief faded into a look of pain and confusion.

"Phil... he, he shot me," Dan stuttered.

"Dan it's going to be okay. I know you'll be okay." Phil spoke quickly, trying to hold back the panic. He looked up to him, only to see he had run away.

Dans knees were weak. He fell to the ground.

Phil sat next to him, holding him closely. "Im calling an ambulance," Phil pulled his phone out of his pocket.

"Im sorry Phil." Dan sighed weakly.

"Sorry for what? Youre okay Dan, just hold on for the ambulance." Phil forced a smile.

"Hello, emergency services," A voice answered.

"I..I need an ambulance. He... he shot him. Just be quick," Phil stuttered.

"An ambulance has been dispatched, what is your location?" she asked.

Phil told her and hung up.

"Dan, the ambulance is on its way," Phil hugged him tighter.

"I dont want to die Phil," Dan sniffed to hold back the tears as they rolled down his face.

"Dan, you wont die. Youre going to be okay! You just need to hold on. Its okay," Phil forced a smile.

"Phil, I'm so sorry." Dan sighed weakly. "I cant."

"Dont say that."

"I love you, Phil." Dan breathed.

Phil looked up as he heard sirens getting closer, shortly followed by flashing blue lights.

"What did I tell you? You'll be okay." Phil sniffed.

Dan smiled weakly.

Paramedics jumped out as the ambulance pulled over and Phil was pushed aside.

He started to cry. "Please just make sure he's okay." He sniffed, but no one acknowledged him.

Dan was lifted into the ambulance and the doors were closed in Phils face.

"Where are you taking him? Cant I come too? Please?" Phil begged.

"Sorry darling," A voice said as the ambulance drove off.

Phil didnt have a chance to move before a police car pulled over.

"I had news of a shooting?" He said as he climbed out of the car.

"My fiancée, he shot him and ran away. They've taken Dan away and I dont know where he is and I just want to see him. Hes going to be okay. I need to be there when he wakes up." Phil cried.

"Can you get to the hospital?" He asked.

Phil shook his head.

"Get in." He gestured. "I shouldnt really take you but as I need to talk to you I guess theres no harm."

Phil climbed in the front as the policeman got in the other side.

"Did you see what the attacker looked like?" He asked.

Phil felt sick.

"He's about 5'10" or 11"...he's big. He wears his hood up so I havent seen his hair but he has dark brown eyes. Sorry," Phil said as he sniffed back the tears.

"Is that all you remember?" The policeman asked.

"Yeah... Do you think Dans okay?" He sighed.

"I honestly cant say."

They spent the rest of the journey in silence.