Radio (part 1)

"So Phil, are you ready to go back to work today?" Dan asked with a mouthful of toast.

"I guess I'm as ready as ever..."Phil replied nervously.

"You'll be fine once we get started," Dan smiled.

"What time are we leaving? Like, are we going to get there early or...?" Phil asked.

"Well I told Al we would get there at about 3? So we should leave at about 2 so we have plenty of time."

"It's 1 now and I have no idea what I'm going to wear! I haven't even showered! Oh my god Dan,"

Dan hated it when Phil got stressed. Especially now. He worried a lot about him.

"Phil its okay, you dont have to worry. You go have your shower. Shout me if you need anything though." Dan half smiled as Phil walked down the hall. "And dont strain yourself. Sit down if you get tired-" Dan called after him.

"Stop worrying, I'm fine!" Phil called back from the bathroom.

Phil took of his pyjamas and looked down at his scared body. His skin that used to be pale and clear was now red and torn. He sighed.

He climbed in the shower and turned on the water, jumping slightly as it first hit him.

He only stayed in the shower for about 5 minutes. He wanted to make sure he could find some decent clothes for the radio show. His favourite red plaid shirt was ruined in the hotel. He had to find something with long sleeves. He didnt want people judging him- although they all knew anyway.

Phil searched through his drawers but could only find jumpers and sweatshirts.

"Dan, I dont know what to wear." He shouted through to the other room.

"Im coming in. Are you naked?" He called back. "Too late-" he called,opening the door before Phil had a chance to answer. He was naked, apart from the towel wrapped around his hips.

Phil never felt uncomfortable around Dan but he could feel his eyes wondering around his scratched, beaten body.

"Um... I dont have any clothes with long sleeves. Well, I do but they're all too thick, its too warm to wear a jumper." Phil sighed.

"You could borrow something of mine? As long as you dont mind all the shippers going mad," he laughed.

"Okay? Like what?" He smiled.

After what seemed like hours of trying on clothes, Phil decided on a greeny blue plaid shirt and black skinny jeans.

  "You look great," Dan smiled.

"Thanks," Phil smiled back, staring into Dans eyes.

Dan glanced down at Phils lips before bringing his down to meet them.

He felt Phil smile into the kiss as it grew more passionate.

Phil stopped and pushed Dan back.

"Dan," Phil sighed.

"What?" Dan asked, confused. "Phil? I dont understand. One minute you're kissing me the next you're pushing me away. I dont understand." He repeated. "You still want to be with me. I know you do. Why do you keep pushing me away?" Dan sighed.

"I dont know." Phil sighed. "I just... when I feel myself getting close to you again, I worry you'll leave again. I just cant go through that again." Phil avoided Dans eyes. "Anyway shouldn't we leave? We dont want to be late." Phil picked his backpack up and headed to the door.

"I called a cab. It will be here in 10 minutes." Dan forced a smile and went to sit in the living room.

***

The taxi ride was awkward. Dan wanted to start a convosation but didn't know what to say.

As they pulled up to the BBC Dan noticed Phil was shaking. He put his hand on Phils knee to comfort him.

"You'll be fine." He smiled before paying the fare and helping Phil out of the taxi.

As they walked through the door, everyone in the foyer smiled awkwardly.

"Dan and Phil! Welcome back! We have new passes for you," The receptionist smiled kindly as she handed them two, new lanyards.

"Thanks," Phil smiled.

"We're looking for Al, is he in the office?"  Dan asked.

"Yeah, he should be... If not, he'll be in the studio." She smiled.

"Thanks," He smiled back as they headed for the lift.

The office was on the top floor. Dan pressed the button and stood back.

"Dan..." Phil said, quietly.

"Yeah?"

"About earlier... I'm sorry... I was being dumb. I do love you and I do want to be with you still." He smiled nervously.

"You weren't being dumb! I was rude and I'm sorry. And I will never leave you again." Dan smiled.

"I know." Phil whispered as he leaned up to kiss Dan.

Dan fell back against the back of the elevated and giggled before deepening the kiss. 

He flinched as Phils cold hand find its way up his shirt.

The lift stopped as it reached the top floor but they didnt care. They were too into eachother.

Phis hand found its way to Dans waistband and fiddled with the button.

"Not here," Dan mumbled, barely pulling away from Phils lips. "Anyone could walk in." He sighed.

"Fine," Phil winked before rejoining Dans lips, their hands entangled in each other's hair.

Just then, the doors to the lift opened and there stood a slightly shocked Chris Stark and Scott Mills.

"Ha, you're back then!" Scott laughed, Chris standing behind him, laughing.

"Shit," Dan breathed, jumping away from Phil who stood there awkwardly.

"Uh, hey guys... I guess this is a good time to tell you me and Dan are together?" Phil laughed, running his hand through his hair to untangle it.

"We guessed," Chris laughed, holding the button down to keep the doors open. "You might want to smarten up before going live though, you dont want to go worldwide with sex hair..." He smirked.

Phil blushed.

"Uh, come on Phil, we should find Al, he'll be expecting us..." Dan smiled awkward, taking Phils and and pulling him out of the elevator.

A/N the second part to this chapter will be up later tonight, I have to revise first though...

71k reads... holy shit hey guys! I feel like I should put more effort into this xD