Isolation

"Mr Lester?" A policeman approached Phil.

"Yeah." He replied completely emotionless.

"Im sorry for your loss. I know its soon but we need you to make a statement."

"I just want to go home. I want to have a shower and go to bed. I want to wake up and it all be over. I just want him back." Phil sighed.

"I know. Im sorry but you cant go back to your apartment, its a crime scene." The policeman apologised.

"I know." Phil snapped. "Can I go back to the hotel before I make a statement? I need to get something."

"Sure."

****

Phil opened the hotel door and sat on the bed. He started to cry. He picked up Dans bag and pulled out a hoodie. He pulled it on. It smelled like him.

He picked up his bag along with Dans and headed out of the room, back to the policeman.

****

Phil felt uncomfortable. The police were asking a lot of questions and Phil was doing his best to answer but he just wanted to cry.

"Did he have a motive?" One police officer asked.

Phil hesitated.

"Phil, I know its hard but the more information you give us, the quicker we can find the attacker." The other officer added.

"He... He didnt like the fact me and Dan were together. He had a problem with "our type."" Phil quoted with his hands. "He didnt originally want to hurt Dan, He wanted to hurt me. Dan called him gay and he flipped. He only called him gay because he was harassing us and then Dan brought up..." Phil stopped talking.

"What did he bring up, Phil?" The officer asked.

"He brought up... the... the rape."