Christmas (cont.)

"Merry Christmas darling," She said as she hugged Dan, handing him a small gift bag,

"You too! We had no idea you were coming, I'd have cooked dinner and bought presents and-" Dan was cut off,

"Mum!" Phil called as he jumped off the sofa and ran to embrace his mother.

"Phil darling," She smiled as she wrapped her arms around her son. "Should we sit down? I'll make hot chocolate and you can open your presents," She suggested, gesturing at the sofa.

"Sure! Me and Dan were going to watch The Snowman,"

"Should I make drinks? You two should really have some time to catch up a bit. Hot chocolate, tea or coffee? Or I can open the wine?" Dan smiled.

"Wine? Aw Dan! We should save that for later, should we have hot chocolate now, Mum?" Phil looked over at hes mother,

"Yes please," She smiled at Dan.

He left the room and closed the door, allowing them both to talk in private.

Phil looked over at his mum awkwardly.

"Mum... I don't know if you heard anything over the last few months but I should probably tell you what really happened..." Phil sighed heavily.

"I did hear... I'm so sorry I couldn't come and be here," she sighed back.

Dan opened the door carrying a tray of drinks.

"Here you are babes," Dan said as he placed a mug of hot chocolate, decorated carefully with cream and marshmallows before planting a delicate kiss on Phils cheek.

"I'm not sure I'm comfortable with my son being with another man." she mumbled as she took a sip of her drink.

"Excuse me?" Dan said defensively.

"It's not... natural." She said, picking at her fingernails.

"I don't see how youre in a position to say something like that! Where were you when your son was in hospital? He nearly died. He was literally seconds from death and where were you? I was there every minute of every day. I didnt eat, I hardly slept, I was too worried to do anything and where were you!? Where the fuck were you?" Dan took a deep breath and whiped the tears that threatened to fall.

Phil sat there silently.

"I couldnt get the time off work Daniel. And is it really your place to tell me what to do with my son? And its your fault my sons like this. Hes confused. Hes not 'bisexual'" She quoted with her fingers. "Theres no such thing. You've confused him. He's coming home with me. He needs his mother." She said demandingly.

"If he needed his mother she would have been here for him." Dan snapped back.

"I'm in the fucking room you know!?" Phil shouted over all the fuss. "I'm right here and I'm not leaving. I love Dan and I dont need your approval. I'm nearly 27 for gods sake. Mum, I think you should leave." Phil sighed.

A/N updated finally!  sorry, I've had exams and stuff! oh the joys of year 11.
oh well I will try and update soon :D
and holy shit 13k reads you guys are amazing ^_^