Visits

Al showed Phil to the guest room. It was quite small with a double bed. The bed filled up most of the room, there was a small TV on the wall at the end and a dresser next to it. Theres was only just enough room to stand and open the dresser.

"Are you sure you're okay with me staying here?" Phil asked.

"Im sure. Tell your mum how to get here and then you get some sleep." Al smiled.

"Thanks." Phil placed his small bag on the end of the bed and climbed under the duvet.

He fell asleep almost instantly.

***

"Its your fault."

Phil felt sick.

"Its your fault. You killed me."

It was Dan.

"But-" Phil tried to argue.

"No. Its your fault. Why didnt you just say I was lying? He would have left us alone." He spat angrily.

"Dan, Please-" Phil sobbed.

"Im glad I'll never see you again."

Phil woke up in tears.

"Its all my fault" He muttered as there was a knock at the door. "Come in," He tried to sound as though he wasnt crying but his voice was shakey and worn.

"Phil," His mum sat down at the end of the bed and closed the door.

"Mum," Phil started to cry again. He sat up next to her and rested his head on her shoulder. "Hes gone mum and its all my fault."

"Its not your fault Phil, you could never have known it was going to happen." She hugged him tighter.

"I know, but I still should have done something. We were organising our wedding. Now Its a funeral." He sobbed.

"Im so sorry darling,"