The Hotel (Part 2)

Dan woke up confused. He looked around before remembering he was in a hotel. He remembered how everything in his home had been destroyed.

"Phil," He gently shook his shoulder to wake him.

"What?" He grumbled sleepily.

"We need to call the police. Im sorry. I know I promised not to but we have to." Dan sighed.

"We cant, Dan. He broke in. Who knows what else he could do? He knows where we live, where we work, he could find us and fuck knows what he would do. Sorry Dan." Phil took a deep breath.

"Phil, if we call the police then he cant get us! He would be locked up and we will be safe again! You have to trust me. While hes out there we cant do anything but hide and hope he doesnt find us." Dan pulled out his phone and tapped on the broken glass. "Im sorry Phil." Dan sighed as he typed in 101.

"Dan. Just please dont mention anything about... about the rape. We dont know for certain that it was him."

"Phil, who else would it be?" Dan asked as a voice called down the phone.

"Hello, non emergency police, how can I help?"

"Hi, there was a break in at my flat last night. Me and my fiancée got home and the door was open and when we went in, all our stuff had been broken."

"Did they take anything?" She asked.

"I dont think so." Dan replied.

"Okay, have you entered the apartment at all?"

"We did, just to see what had happened.  We found some clothes and left and stayed in a hotel."

"Okay, well can I ask you not to reenter the flat as it is a crime scene. I will send officers over as soon as possible. Could I please take an address?"

Dan told her the details. "We are quite far from home so probably wont be able to get back until this evening, is that going to be an issue?" He asked.

"You said the apartment was unlocked?" She asked in return.

"Yeah," He answered.

"Then that shouldnt be a problem. Do you know roughly what time you will be home so I can make sure there is an officer there to greet you as they will need to ask a few questions."

"About 7 or 8 I should think."

"Okay. Do you have any other questions?" She asked.

"No, not at the moment." He replied.

"Okay, thank you for calling."

"Bye," Dan hung up the phone.

"Why are we not going home until 8?" Phil asked.

"I wanted to take you out for dinner." Dan smiled.

A/N I have started another fic! its called 'the afterlife' and it would be amazing if you could check it out!