Identity.

Phil took a deep breath as he tied up his shoes. This was the first time leaving the house alone since Dan was...

He shook his head. He could do this.

"Do you want me to come too?" Al asked.

"I think I want to be alone." Phil sighed. "Thanks..."

He took another deep breath and left the house.

It didnt take long to get to the police station. He felt sick. What if it wasnt him? What if he was still out there?

He walked up to the desk slowly. "Im Phil," he smiled at the policewoman. "Im here about Dan,"

"Ah, Phil Lester?" She asked.

"Yeah,"

"Okay, if you take a seat, someone will be with you shortly."

  He took a seat by a small window and watched the world go by as if nothing had happened. All these people walking about minding their own business. None of them knew the pain he felt.

"Mr Lester?" A voice made him jump.

"Thats me..." He smiled.

"If youd like to come with me." The man gestured.

Phil followed him through a door and down a corridor into a small room.

He looked through a window to see a line of people.

"Can you identify the man who attacked you?" The policeman asked.

Phil felt sick. There he was. It was him. Standing in the middle of the line.

"Yes." Phil stuttered. "Yes, he's there. Number 2. Thats him."

*****

Phil felt safer on the walk home knowing that he wasnt going to find him.

He was nearly back at Als when he had an idea.