Alone

Phil was alone again. But this time he was alone. He couldnt just go home and talk to Dan, or phone him up. He was gone and Phil was alone.

The night replayed in his head. Every word he spoke. Every movement in slow motion. The deafening gunshot. The blood. The way Dan looked at Phil.

Phil remembered the last thing Dan said to him. I love you. He didnt say it back. He should have said it back. Dan died and Phil didnt tell him he loved him.

Phil wanted to be with Dan. He had no one left.

Suddenly his Phone rang causing him to jump.

"Hello?" He answered shakily.

"Phil," Al sighed.

"Al," Phil broke down into tears.

"Phil I'm so sorry about Dan."

"I just want to be with him Al. I want him back but he's never coming back. I... I need him." Phil sobbed.

"Phil, please if you need anything, just call me. Please dont do anything dangerous." Al sighed. "Everyone here at Radio 1 is here for you. The Sunday show, the Sunday show will be a tribute to him, you dont have to come if you're not feeling up to it but we would like to see you again."

"I think I'll come. Dan wouldnt want me sulking about." Phil sighed. "Its so weird without him Al."

"I know."

***

Phil couldnt do it. He had to stay until Sunday at least. He had to attend the tribute.

He couldnt bring himself to watch TV so he signed into twitter.
All of his notifications were about Dan.
#RIPDanHowell and #RIPdanisnotonfire were top trends. Phil felt sick. It was all more proof that he was gone.
@AmazingPhil: hes really gone, isnt he? he pressed send. He almost always regretted tweeting his thoughts but nothing.
@AmazingPhil: Thank you everyone for your kind messages. It still hasnt sunk in. Its hard without him.
He added when his phone rang again.

"Hello?" He sighed.

"Hes dead because of you,"