Realisation

Phil heard a knock on the door. "Its open."

"Phil," PJ sighed. He walked over and pulled Phil into a hug.

"Why are you here?" Phil sighed. "I nearly died because of you."

"Because I care, Phil. Im so sorry about before. I know you hate me. I just want to make sure youre okay."

"Im not okay. Dans dead. Hes gone. Im never going to see him again." Phil wiped his eyes.

"Phil, your hand," PJ took Phils hand to have a closer look. His knuckles were grazed and swolen.

"Its nothing." Phil pulled it back. "I just got angry." He sighed.

"It looks painful..." PJ sighed. "Is that Dans hoodie?"

"Yeah. I should take it off." Phil sighed, pulling the hoodie over his head. He looked at the now dry blood on his shirt and felt sick. "Im going for a shower." He stood up and entered the bathroom without a word. PJ sighed.

***

Phil watched the blood wash down the drain. He felt better now he was clean. He climbed out of the shower and put on a clean shirt and jogging bottoms.

He sat down on the floor and held his head in his hands. He couldnt do this alone.

"Phil, are you okay?" PJ called.

Thats when he realised, he wasnt alone. Someone actually cared. Someone wanted to make sure he was okay. He wasnt alone.