Perfect

Dan woke up and noticed his partner was still asleep. He checked the time- 7:42- he never woke up that early!

He decided to make Phil breakfast for when he woke.

He headed to the kitchen and had a rummage through the cupboards but couldnt find anything he fancied.

He decided to leave Phil a note and head to the shop. He wasn't expecting him to wake up any time soon.

He changed his pyjamas into some jogging bottoms and a hoodie and left the house, closing the door as quietly as he could.

When he got outside he realised nowhere would be open until 8. He decided to walk towards the town centre, by the time he got there, the shops would be open.

He had to walk through a creepy old alleyway to get to the city, he hated it. It always seemed dark and it gave him the creeps. He more or less ran, just making it to the other side when he heard footsteps.

"You're that bender from the radio aren't you?" A voice called.

  "Fuck off." Dan replied bluntly.

"Are you out buying things for your pathetic boyfriend? Flowers for the little gay boy because hes poorly?" He mocked.

"I said fuck off." Dan turned around to see a large man in a hoodie.

"Stop walking." The man ordered.

"Or what? You'll hurt me? Out in the open? With witnesses? Because thats a good idea," Dan spat sarcastically.

"You don't want to know what I'll do." The man hissed.

"Thats because you wont fucking do anything!" Dan laughed.

"Just you watch." The man turned and left.

***

After about half an hour of window shopping, Dan decided to buy some pain au chocolate and some decaff coffee.

He thought it would be best to get a taxi home rather than walk, he had been gone for a while and he didn't want Phil to worry. He really didn't want to walk through the alley again. He refused to admit to himself that he was scared.

On the way to the taxi rank, Dan passed a jewellers. As he walked past the window, a ring caught his eye. It was a plain silver ring but it was perfect. Without hesitation, he bought it. He was going to propose to Phil properly. It was going to be perfect!

A/N I have a lot of revision to do but I will try and update again tonight