Confessions

"Dan whats wrong?" PJ asked kindly,

"Phil woke up." Dan replied.

"Surely thats a good thing!? Have you been able to see him?"

"Yeah... but he told me he should be dead. He started to cry because he didnt die- it broke my heart! He was so upset I just couldn't stay in the room. He told me to forget he even tried! How can I forget Pj!? I dont know what to do. I just needed to talk to someone..." Dan started to cry. It seemed like that was the only thing he was good at now. Crying.

"Come over. Chris is out so we can talk properly. Please?" PJ pleaded.

"Um...ok. I'll be there soon," Dan smiled as he hung up. This would be the first time he left the hospital properly in almost 3 weeks. The first time he has spoken to anyone other than doctors or nurses.

The hospital had become a second home.

  He walked up the stairs to Phils room to get his bag.

He got to the door to see Phil was sleeping. He found a doctor standing by the door talking to a nurse.

"Oh, Mr Howell?" he asked.

"Thats me... is Phil ok?" Dan answered.

"He's fine, just tired. I have reasons to believe Phil will be able to come home by the end of the week under your close watch." He said kindly.

"Thats great!" Dan smiled as he put his bag over his shoulders. "I'm going out now... Will he be asleep for long?" He asked.

"I think so... he needs plenty of rest." The doctor smiled.

"Ok, thanks!" Dan smiled as he headed down the hall to the lift.

***

"Hey Peej" Dan smiled as he entered Pjs apartment.

"Dan," PJ gasped, "How are you? You look awful! When was the last time you ate!?"

"Uh... I...I don't know... I guess I've been distracted..." Dan sighed. He looked in the mirror hanging above the sofa, PJ was right. He did look awful.

His eyes had dark circles hanging underneath, his tanned skin was pale and he looked tired.

His hair was greasy and stuck out from weird angles and his clothes looked like sacks on him!

"You sit down, I'll make us some lunch and you can have a bath if you like?" PJ smiled as he sat Dan on the sofa with the tv controller and entered the kitchen.

Dan sat back and turned on the tv. It was the first time he had been this comfortable in ages!

Now he just had to decide what to watch?

After about 10 minutes of aimlessly flicking through hundreds of channels he found the great British bake off!

He smiled to himself as he remembered how he and Phil would watch it when thry had nothing better to do.

He felt a tear escape his eye as PJ walked in holding a tray.

"Dan, whats wrong?" He asked as he placed the tray down on the table and sat next to his friend.

"Oh, uh... nothing..." Dan wiped his face with his hands before changing the subject.

"Mmm that smells nice!" he smiled, admiring the bowls of soup and bread PJ had prepared,

"Its carrot and coriander, its my comfort food, I made some last night so I thought I should warm us some up," PJ smiled back.

"It smells delicious!" Dan said taking a bowl. "You know, you did nt have to do any of this Peej, thank you." Dan said more seriously.

"I did Dan. You're one of my best friends! I couldn't just leave you! I know that you would do the same for me." PJ smiled.

He was right, Dan would do the same for him. 

"Thanks, it really means a lot to me," Dan said as he ripped his bread in half and dipped it in the soup, "This soup is delicious!" He smile, chewing his bread.

"Haha, thanks!" PJ laughed.

They ate in silence. It wasnt awkward, it was a comfortable silence.

When Dan finished his soup he collected the bowls and took them into the kitchen.

"Thanks Dan," PJ called into the kitchen as Dan came out.

"No Peej, thank you. You've really helped, I feel so much better now!" Dan smiled,  "I dont want to be rude but Phil can come home as soon as he feels ready... I guess I should get the house ready..." Dan sighed.

"You really care about him, don't you?" PJ smiled.

"Well yeah! It sounds cheesy but I don't know what I would do without him. Its been 4 weeks and I got suspended from my job, had a breakdown on worldwide radio, I haven't left his side Peej. I hadn't eaten in ages! I cant cope without him. I love him, Peej. I mean, really... I think I'm in love with Phil."