Silence

Dan found himself waking up uncomfortably in a chair in the corner of a large room. He looked around and rememberd where he was.

He looked at the time, 11.42pm.

He had only been there for 2 hours.

"Daniel Howell?" a tall man approached him.

"Uh,yeah... thats me," he answered sleepily.

"Hi. I'm Dr.Leeder, I'm currently caring for Phil." Dan nodded. "Your friend is very ill, you know this... don't you?" he asked kindly.

Dan nodded again, lost for words. He did know Phil was ill, but only because he tried to kill himself,he didnt even notice before!

"You saved his life,Daniel! If you were even seconds later, the events of tonight would have taken a very different course.

Currently your friend is in a coma. He is in a stable condition, he didnt break anything or suffer any permanent consequences."

"Oh thank god." Dan sighed, relieved.

"Has he ever tried anything like this before? Or has he ever been or seemed depressed?" The doctor asked.

"Not that I know! The only thing I know is he was depressed when he was younger, before we properly met. This was about 4 years ago!" Dan answered, unaware of the tears that rolled freely down his face.

"That could be something to consider, sometimes people relapse. We will try him on a course of antidepressants and see how he copes. You to live together right?"

"Yeah..." Dan nodded, his voice braking.

"Ok. Well he will be able to come home as soon as hes awake and he feels ready. All I ask is you keep a close eye on him. I know it sounds degrading but keep any tablets, sharp objects, anything that could be triggering, out of his way." The doctor explained.

"Will he be ok to work? We have a radio show on Sunday's and-" The doctor cut him off.

"Yeah... maybe something like that would be good to take his mind off things. Does he enjoy it?" he asked,

"He loves it! To be honest, I dont think I've seen him happier than when hes talking to the fans!" Memories of him and Phil laughing came flashing back, like the time he had to play fanwars and Phil stood their laughing at him, or the time Phil told the world about his guitar hero failures, or the time someone swore live on air and Phil was supprised it wasnt him. He sighed.

The doctor noticed Dan was crying again. "I know its hard, but I have reasons to believe Phil will make a full recovery." he smiled. This made Dan smile showing his dimple.

"You can come and visit tomorrow, you can stay as long as you like! I'm sure he will want someone he knows to be their when he wakes up." Dr Leeder said with a bit too much enthusiasm. Dan smiled at the idea of being the first person Phil would see when he woke up.

He didnt know what it was, but he had feelings for Phil. Feelings he thought were just friendly, but he didnt feel them for anyone else.

He stood up and shook the doctors hand before leaving for home.

********