Big Mistake

Dan sat in the uncomfortable chair holding Phils hand tightly.  He had been there for 4 days, only leaving his friends side occasionally.

He would talk to him like he was awake, he would talk about all sorts, stupid things like tv shows he had watched or clothes he likes, and more serious things like why he did it.

There was only one thing Dan avoided saying. He wouldnt tell Phil he loved him.

He had explained Phil's situation to the BBC, they had organised for Chris Stark to cover for Phil but Dan insisted on going in.

"Phil, I'm going to work now, I wont be long. I promise." he kissed Phils forehead and left the room.

He noticed his reflection in the widow of the room, he looked different. He looked ill. His eyes were puffy from crying and his skin was pale and oily. He had dark circles under his eyes.

He sighed before entering the toilets and washing his face in the sink. That fixed one problem, but what about the dark circles, the pale skin, the puffy eyes? He was going to be on Radio 1 world wide in about 2 hours and he looked a mess.

He left the hospital and kept walking until he got to the bus stop. He reached into his pocket for his oyster card and relised he left it at home. Great.

He counted out the bus fare and waited.

The bus pulled up and Dan climbed on,

"Regent street please," he said, handing over the money and taking a seat.

He looked at the time, 5:53. He didnt have long until he had to be on the charts show, reading the album charts.

He sighed to himself as he started to regret leaving Phil.

After 10 minutes, he was there.

He got off the bus and walked down the road towards Portland Place.

He smiled at the few fans waiting outside, "I'll meet you all after! I have to rush!" he said as he walked through the doors into the building.

"Shit I forgot my pass." he said to the receptionist.

"Thats fine Dan, I'll sign you in and give you a visitors pass. You must remember it next time though." she smiled.

He smiled back and took his pass before entering the lift.

***

"And that concludes this weeks album chart! Stay tuned at 7 for me and Chris Stark!" Dan smiled at the camera.

When the video started playing he stood up and left, not talking to anyone.

***
THIS IS DAN AND PHIL ON BBC RADIO 1.

Dan pressed the button to play the first music video and whiped his teary eyes. Just the mention of Phil made him remember everything.

"Dan?" Chris snapped Dan out of his thoughts.

"Hu? Oh... sorry Chris... I was miles away..."

"If you need to go, you can. We have people who can cover for you, we'll say you had to leave... it was a family emergency or something..." he smiled, Dan considered this...

"No. I cant leave, its fine... thanks" he mumbled.

The video ended and Dan acted like everything was fine.

***

About an hour into the show, they had another caller.

"Emily! How are you?" Chris cheered.

"Hello! I'm good thanks! How about you two?" she answered, you could tell she was nervous but she seemed happy enough.

"We're good thanks! What have you been up to?" Dan replied,

"Not much, my friends ill so I'm going this for her." she said cheerily.

Dans heart skipped a beat. His friends ill too. He should be there, doing things for him.

"Phils ill too, isnt he?" she said.

"uh... he-"

"Yeah, hes back soon though!" Chris smiled, "so what song would you like to request?"

"Can I request Knights of Cydonia by Muse please? Thats Phils favourite song right? I hope he gets better soon!" she almost yelled,

Dan felt sick. What if Phil didnt get better? He knew he sould be there now, with Phil. Before he knew it he was crying.

"Dan? Are you ok?" she asked.

"No I'm not ok. I'm not ok! Neithers Phil! Phils not ok and he might never be ok again! Hes in a coma! Phils in a coma and I didnt even know he was ill. He tried to fucking kill himself!" Dan pulled his headphones off and ran out of the studio crying.

"Um... Heres Knights of Cydonia for Emily. Thanks for calling!" Chris played the song and ran after Dan.

***
A/N thanks for reading and stuff... comment and vote please if you like this! yay for self promotion!